This question has suggested answer(s)

Cant download new update for MW3?

• Level   2

Hey everyone!

Im having problems with downloading the update for MW3 maybe you can help, this is what happens:

1. Sign into XBL and load Call of Duty MW3.

2. Get disconected from XBL and a screen appears saying that there is an update needed to play the game.

3. It begins to download but after a minute or two a screen appears saying that there is a problem downloading it and i should contact xbox.com/support.

However a status code comes up too and i do not know what it means, the code is:  396B-0000-D080-8007-2EE2

If anyone could help me i would very much appreciate it!

x iMaSoN o

All Replies
    • Level   1

ta

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

take xbox to mates house with internet  and download update there ?    i have probs with updates and all xbox things except live so i go to my mates and download updates there :-)

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

Hello, i have found your error code and some things to try:

Status code: 80072EE2

This Xbox LIVE status code occurs if a Marketplace download takes a long time (the connection "times out"). To fix this problem, try the following solutions:

Solution 1: Try the download again

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.

Go to Settings, then select Account.

Select Download History.

Select the item that you are having download problems with, and then select Download Again.

If you still cannot download the content, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Maximize your network bandwidth

When you download content from Xbox LIVE, make sure that other computers in your home are not downloading or transferring files. When someone in your house browses the Internet, they use network bandwidth that could be going to your console.

Note Bandwidth is the amount of information transferred over your Internet connection.

You can also try temporarily disconnecting or turning off devices that are connected to your home network.

Once you've maximized your network bandwidth, try to download the content again. If the download fails again, try the next solution.

Solution 3: Stay on the download screen

While the download is in progress, do not use your console to play games or do anything else. Using the console while downloading content can cause the download to pause, stop, or time out.

If you stay on the download screen and continue to have the same problem, try the next solution.

Solution 4: Check for network connectivity or ISP issues

A download can fail if your Internet service provider (ISP) has set bandwidth or connection time limits. Contact your ISP to determine if there are any restrictions that could cause your connection to time out.

• Level   S

This thread is from December 2011. It is unbecoming of an Ambassador to "dig up" old threads like this. We always recommend checking the date of the thread before replying. Thank you.

- Retired Support Agent -