This question has suggested answer(s)

MY original xbox 360 will not play my original xbox games why

• Level   1

I get a message that says: (This original xbox game is not supported on your xbox 360 console. An update to support this game may be available. For more info,go to www.xbox.com/games.) I went to the site downloaded the newest update and installed it on my xbox 360. I have a 20 GB hard drive that I bought brand new from game stop. I still get the message. what can I do to fix this problem? 

All Replies
    • Level   5

List of compatible games of the Original Xbox to the Xbox 360.

• Level   1

Zero pretty much sum it up! I came across this link, and I thought this is a useful information.

support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games

• Level   2

First of all get a bigger hard drive. I have a 60 which is perfectly fine.  I have over 140 games saved on it. Second some games are simply not supported on 360. You have to look at the game and/or find a list via the internet and find out which games are "backwards compatible"

• Level   1

I want to play Oddworld Strangers Wrath but my Original Xbox's controllers are acting up weird on me lately, even my new bought one. I have a "fat" xbox 360 but it doesn't supporty game :( Sadface

• Level   2

Only certain games form the original Xbox console can be played on the new Xbox 360.

Sorry for that problem.

- Xbox Ambassador James

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I believe that xbox ended support for xbox original games in 2011 expect halo combat evo and halo custom edition.

• Level   5

not true all of the old gen xbox games that i have that are on that list play just fine for me.

XBOX 360, kicking other consoles backsides since 2005.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Hellboy! Are you having trouble with your Original Xbox console, or playing Original Xbox games on your Xbox 360 console? We no longer support the Original Xbox console or hardware, but if you have trouble on your 360 console, please start here (forums.xbox.com/.../25.aspx). I hope this helps, thanks!