This question is answered

Split screens on Minecraft

• Level   2

I cannot figure out how to play with 2 players using split screens for Minecraft - I googled this problem and read that you have to have HD or you are out of luck - is this true?  Any way around this?

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I don't think there is any sure fire way to get around this but you could try connecting your console to your PC or try using a HDMI cable.

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

What they say is not true. Yes, HD TVs are required. Widescreen format TVs, are necessary. However, HDMI cables are not necessary. Just a widescreen TV. I use component cables, myself, not an HDMI, with a widescreen HD Tv, and it works fine.

There's no way around it, if your screen is 4:10. Sorry mate!

All Replies
    • Level   9

Unfortunately there is no way around it...

#360Elitism
    Are You Yeti Yet?

• Level   2

yep you do need a HD tv with a HDMI cable if you get one you just connect a controller and press start on the controller

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Yes, Unfortunately you do have to have a HD TV with you Xbox plugged in to the HDMI cable to play Minecraft on splitscreen, and there is no way around this at the moment.

• Level   1

I dont get the point of having to have HD for split screen on a game that has the worst graphics out of every xbox game... my toaster can process minecraft, will i need an HD toaster to play split screen?

• Level   2

yes yes you do need a HD toaster XD

LOLZ but seriously minecraft RULES!!! and it doesn't have bad graphics its supposed to look like that its the point in minecraft

• Level   1

it's 8-bit :P Doesn't mean it's old, And seems kinda stupid, Im 14 and i know every splitscreen game and yet minecraft was the only game i had trouble with

• Level   1

Sorry for the bad wording. I did not mean to say it had bad graphics in that way. Yes i know it was meant to be that way and i really do like the look of it, it is a cool artwork that makes the game unique. But with that artwork being very simple I would imagine the TV would have an easier time processing all the information the game is sending it. I do not get why you need to upgrade your TV just so you can have an aspect of a game that is available in say Halo Reach without an HDTV even though it would be harder to process.

• Level   2

You "HAVE" to have HD. sorry about that, time to upgrade your TV :)

• Level   2

anyway you will be AMAZED by the graphics on a HDTV especially 3D one's

so i recommend you get a HD tv because i love them i have a 60 inch HD tv and its great for games "I LOVE IT"

• Level   1

Yes, you need an HDTV, no matter what size, and it need's a HDMI.

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

As people have said you do need HD but the chances are you probably have a HD TV already as most newer TVs actually do as standard now, even if they don't advertise it.

If you have got a HD slot on the TV you should be able to pick up a cheap enough HD cable to get going with split screen on Minecraft. It's a great game and it's just as fun split screen as it is over Xbox LIVE :)

• Level   2

oh SORRY duh I'm dumb LOL :P

i meant HDTV'S are great when you have a HDMI cable they have great graphics

LOL again you already have a HDTV :P

• Level   3

This is stupid. I have to go out and buy a new component just to play this freaking game's two player feature? My brother even went out and bought an HD television so we could do this? WHat else? Do I need to buy a new Llama? A beach towel? How much more do I need to buy before I CAN PLAY MY *** GAME!?

• Level   3

No, there is no way around this. What I think they made it like this is because for SD televisions, the screen will not fit.

An example of this is Gears of War 3: The reason you can't quickly switch loadouts in Gears 3 was because for 480p TV sets, it would jump onto the 2nd player's screen.

I'm guessing the same happened to MineCraft and they did this restriction.

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I don't think there is any sure fire way to get around this but you could try connecting your console to your PC or try using a HDMI cable.