This question is answered

Minecraft 360 edition - inventory always gone when I reload a saved game or join a friends game

• Level   2

Hello,

I recently bought Minecraft 360 edition and when I load my saved games I always respawn in a random place and lose my inventory, like I was entering a brand new world.

And also, if I play with my other gamertag, wich doesnt have Gold xbox live access, the game works fine I get always to reload when I left off and so on ...

I bought a game that i cant play correctly, its making me mad.

I tried to clean hdd cache, run the game from a USB Pen drive, and even redownloading the game a bunch of times.

Anyone with the same problem or with any solutions?

Thank you!

Verified Answer
  • Hiya El KunAmi - Please try to delete your XBOX Live Gold account off of the hard drive and re-download it. You can delete the account by going to your XBOX 360 Dashboard > Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Gamer Profiles > Select your gamertag and Delete. Make sure when you delete you delete the PROFILE ONLY and not PROFILE AND ITEMS. This ensures that your game saves, games, and downloadable content are not deleted. This will not affect your achievements. Once that has been completed, open the guide by pushing the middle (X) button on your XBOX 360 controller and go to "Download Profile". Input your Windows Live ID and Password and it should start to re-download your profile to your console. Once you have done that, go to Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Games and Apps > Minecraft and delete all saved data for that game. Then restart your XBOX 360, and once your on the dashboard, go into a new game of Minecraft. This should technically fix the issue, please reply back once you've tried these steps out to see if this does help you out :).

All Replies
    • Level   2

There is probably a problem with saving on your game then. You could always try deleting the game and reinstalling  it, clearing your cache, the usual stuff people say to do.

If I were you, I would go to a minecraft forums or contact the developers of the game. This is a problem with minecraft, and not xbox so you shouldn't really expect people to know how to fix this problem unless they are a fan of minecraft.

• Hiya El KunAmi - Please try to delete your XBOX Live Gold account off of the hard drive and re-download it. You can delete the account by going to your XBOX 360 Dashboard > Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Gamer Profiles > Select your gamertag and Delete. Make sure when you delete you delete the PROFILE ONLY and not PROFILE AND ITEMS. This ensures that your game saves, games, and downloadable content are not deleted. This will not affect your achievements. Once that has been completed, open the guide by pushing the middle (X) button on your XBOX 360 controller and go to "Download Profile". Input your Windows Live ID and Password and it should start to re-download your profile to your console. Once you have done that, go to Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Games and Apps > Minecraft and delete all saved data for that game. Then restart your XBOX 360, and once your on the dashboard, go into a new game of Minecraft. This should technically fix the issue, please reply back once you've tried these steps out to see if this does help you out :).

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

I know on my game the auto-saving doesn't work correctly. Have you been manually saving your games before you quit? It is always a good idea to make sure to save manually before exiting.

• Level   2

Well I did what you said Hassassinade, but the problem is still there :/

But thanks mate, for your time

I think I'll try to contact the developers or the minecraft forums

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, KunAmi! If I understand correctly you are able to play the game without encountering this issue if you use another gamertag. Is that right?

Does the inventory issue only occur when you try to load up a particular save? Can you try creating a new world and let me know if the problem persists? Thanks in advance!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

You seem like you had the same problem I have had.  1, try not to Save to cloud right now.  There has been an issue with saves disappearing because of the file being 21mb or over.  Try to bring a save over to your HDD or a USB Drive.  Also, the autosave feature DOES NOT save your position in the game.  This is also a feature that has a problem and 4J and Mojang are working to fix it.  Due to the file size of 21mb or more, autosaving that quickly usually means it is saving your stats and not your items.  I would suggest building a house first, then manually saving the game in the menu.  Please remember, auto saving DOES NOT save your whole game at the current moment.  

• Level   1

I am having this same problem and I can't figure out how to manually save it. How do you do that

• Level   2

when in game press start and then save game. Alternatively when exiting the game it will pop up a prompt to leave the game without saving or if you would like to save.

• Level   8

Just sleep to bed ;) Then Save game and world. And all be fine.

• Level   2

Finally! Someone with the same issue. I can not fix it either but put a chest in your house then throw all your stuff in it before you leave the game. Luckily, my spawn is by my house but it is so annoying!!!!!!!!

• Level   4

To the person who said "contact the developer", this is a problem that is not occurring for a vast amount of people, in fact this is the first I have heard of it and we play in large groups. This will 9/10 be a problem with the clients profile, download or generally not following correct save procedure.

• Level   1

THIS PROBLEM fReaking SUCKS ANDI HAVE IT TOO!

• Level   1

I can't get my skin pack 1 to work. Any hints on how to fix that?