This question is answered

Dust: An Elysian Tail (XBLA) Crashes to Dashboard At Start Up

• Level   2

I purchased Dust: An Elysian Tail using MS points on 8/15/2012. When I try to launch the game from the Xbox360 dashboard, the game immediately crashes and sends me back to the dashboard right after the ESRB rating splash screen displays. I have tried deleting the game, clearing my system cache, and re-downloading, but that does not appear to be helping at all. I'm not having any similar problems playing any other games (downloaded or from disc) or launching other apps from the dashboard. It appears to be isolated to that game. Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue?

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Well I don't know why, but it just started working for me for no apparent reason what so ever. Apparently this morning it just decided it had enough with being difficult and now everything is cool. Strange to say the least.

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Hi Fenrir

Please try to download this game to a different memory device along with your profile, then turn the console off, remove your original memory device, restart your console and try playing it from this new device.

• Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

Hi Fenrir513,

Could you take a look at the thread below please, whilst it doesn't actually contain an answer you will see the steps someone else and myself went through trying to get the game to work. We concluded that the game could be bugged.

-

forums.xbox.com/.../311250.aspx

CLICK for the latest Xbox Live Service Status.

CLICK if you need to start the repair process for your Xbox product.

• Level   2

I have the same problem too.

the game crashes and sends me back to the dashboard a thousand times..

I LIVE ALL I AM

• Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

Hi, I would suggest contacting official support either here on the forums, online or by phone.

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there!

Could you please check your HDD to make sure there is no corrupted data within your HDD?  

• Level   2

Not a hard drive issue as far as I can tell, but who knows. Thanks for the link to the other thread. I'll keep an eye on that too. I just tried it again and it played. Then I exited out and restarted tried to go back in, and now it won't again. Very temperamental.

• Level   1

Mine was crashing when I went to a certain tile in a cave under Aurora. I transferred my save to the cloud and that seems to have fixed it for now.

• Level   2

I copied my account to a memory stick ,

then, I deleted the game , pulled out the HDD,

reboot the console, re-downloaded the game.

STILL CRASH.

I LIVE ALL I AM

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Well I don't know why, but it just started working for me for no apparent reason what so ever. Apparently this morning it just decided it had enough with being difficult and now everything is cool. Strange to say the least.

• Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

Isnt it just, I don't suppose you were asked to update the game when you played it?