This question is answered

Can't play xbox game in xbox 360 4gb slim

• Level   1

I bought the first halo game for the original xbox to play on my xbox slim.  I already have a 60 hdd in the slim.  When I put the disc in it says to download the game again or to go to support.  The system is already updated as well.  Any help as to what I should do to get this disc to work would be greatly appreciated.  Also I have halo 2 for xbox and that doesn't work in the slim either.  They work fine in my nephews 20 gb xbox 360 though.  Any thoughts?

Verified Answer
  • Thank you guys for the help.  got a used 250 hd and now the games play.  didn't want to get a new one in case it didn't.  thanks  again!!  :)

All Replies
    • Level   1

and I also did a re-update on my xbox slim as well and it still will not play the discs and the hdd was also tested and is working.

• Level   5

We can't help you sorry.  The 360 S should only have a 250GB hard drive or 4GB of flash, it shouldn't have a 60GB hard drive.  I suggest you buy a 250GB or you run the risk of a console ban.  Sorry.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

Obsessive is correct. Original Xbox games require an official MS hard drive in order to run. Having the Slim, you would need to use the 250 gb hard drive in order for it to work correctly.

• Level   1

and if the games still do not work with a 250 hd?  The manual that came with the slim said nothing about it have to having 250 hd   Sad

• Level   X

There is only one official HDD for the Xbox 360 S, and that's the 250 GB HDD. If you have an official drive and your console is not modified, those games will work.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

the console was previously owned by someone in canada.  As far I knew it was only used a couple of times.  I have no problem playing halo reach on it.  just the xbox games.  I will try to use an official 250 hd.  honestly didn't know the other hdd's weren't official.  hopefully this will fix the problem.  thank you.

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

That should do the trick, but please do let us know what comes up.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Thank you guys for the help.  got a used 250 hd and now the games play.  didn't want to get a new one in case it didn't.  thanks  again!!  :)

• Level   1

i have a xbox 360 slim, 4gb but i boughts a 250gb hardware separately.. tried to play hulk ultimate destruction, marvel nemesis and fable the lost chapter, it didn't worked for anyone of these games and they are suppose to work, they are playable on xbox 360, i have a microsoft corporation hardware with 250gb, the xbox 360 slim 4gb, everything is suppose to work nbut nothing is working, all bought all these things only to play these 3 xbox original games and wasted all my money for nothing ? :O what happens ? :O anyone can help me ? :O

• Level   V

Enpror - It's best to create your own thread instead of bumping a 3 year old thread.

Did you purchase the hard drive brand new from a retailer or from a place like ebay?