This question is answered

Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition: Connection Failed

• Level   1

Hi...

I typed most of this in once...if it posted incompletely I apologize...not sure how I lost it.

My son is having difficulty connecting to his worlds.  He gets the message, "Connection Failed: Connection to the server was lost.  Exiting to menu."

I have checked the following, and gotten the following results:

1.  I checked the network settings, clicked on our network, and got the following:

-  Network: Connected

-  Internet:  Connected

-  Xbox Live:  Connected

2.  I tested the Xbox Live Connection and got the following results:

-  Network:  Connected

-  Internet:  Connected

-  Xbox Live:  Connected

Live Status

-  Service: Up

-  Xbox Stores: Up

-  Accounts: Up

-  Matchmaking: Up

3.  Then,

-  I went into Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition

-  Signed In

-  Clicked on Play Game

-  Clicked on Load World

-  I got the error message, "Connection Failed: Connection to the server was lost.  Exiting to main menu."

Can anyone please tell me how to remedy?

Thanks. 

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Just to confirm the above solution, this was posted a few hours ago, via 4J Studios' Twitter:

"If you get "Connection to the server was lost" and are a LIVE Silver user, try disconnecting the Ethernet cable. We are fixing this bug." (Source: twitter.com/.../319885091042115587 )

"Also, if you use WIFI and you get "Connection to the server was lost" and are a LIVE Silver user, switch to wired connection with no cable." (Source: twitter.com/.../319885480948801536 )

L

The Xbox Error Lookup Tool  - One of the most valuable resources on Xbox.com!

Proud to serve the community. :)

All Replies
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there. It just happened the same to us after downloading an update today (April 4th, 2013).

We are working on it and we will let you know if a solution is found.

Cheers

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Done! We found a temporary solution!  Go to settings and disconnect from your WiFi. It is working for other people around too. Hope MC developers find a permanent solution.

Good Luck!

• Level   1

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but I still get the same "Connection Failed: Connection to the server was lost.  Exiting to main menu." message.  Is this problem due to an update by the Minecraft people?  I just tried out Turbo Thunder and it works.  It seems like only Minecraft is affected.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

many people im helping on the ambassador chats are still getting this message after deleting their connection and resetting. I believe its a problem with the minecraft update.

Yt: NINJ4G4MINGCommunity

Twitch: NINJ4_G4MING

Fb: Ninj4 G4ming

• Level   1

Purchased this game a few hours ago, just downloaded this new patch and got this same problem.

@Cubic, I can confirm playing in "offline mode" (Turn off wifi) loads the game, thanks alot for this mate, i can continue digging my tunnels.

• Level   2

I just got someone in the ambassador chat that is having the same issue, I'm having them try what was suggested on the twitter posts, and i'll get back with if it worked.

• Level   2

Start with Pawncrackers, just disconnect your xbox from the live service during Minecraft play.

• Level   1

i read the comments above me so is this all because of the update

• Level   2

Yes, the update caused a lot of unexpected bugs.. :/

L

The Xbox Error Lookup Tool  - One of the most valuable resources on Xbox.com!

Proud to serve the community. :)

• Level   1

The fix works thank god. i thought i lost everything, (on a world that was made an hour after the release of the game on xbox)  they need a fix ASAP. its gonna kill me

• Level   1

i have the same problem i dont get whats happaning. what happned with me i just got the new update and it would'nt let me play at all.

• Level   1

Same problem here since the update on the 4th April. Also playing offline now for a few days, waited for xbox support to come up with an answer by email. Unfortunately that wasn't much help, all their suggestions were related to my internet connection and NAT blocks. But connection is fine, ports are open, no problems there whatsover. All other Live games work fine, also had updates there, just Minecraft not working anymore. Hope a fix will come soon...

• Level   1

i have the same problem,

I HATE IT!

why were they so eager to make an update!

and I thought I was the only one (which is fortunately not so)

• Level   S

Hey guys, thanks for posting!  We have a service alert up for this currently: support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status  If the above posted steps don't help, you can check there for updates!