This question is not answered

I have downloaded forge island for halo 4, which is free on another account, and it wont let me play on my main account

• Level   1

i have downloaded forge island for halo 4 on my buddies account, and as its a free map i tried to redownload it to my xbox on my account, but it keeps saying i do not have the dlc so i deleted it and downloaded it again to my tag and it still says the same thing. how do i get it on my tag?

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey there CJ! Are you trying to download it via your account on your own console or your buddy's console? If it's your buddy's console, the content should already be there and there should be no reason to need to redownload it. Try going into Forge and selecting Forge Island.

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!

• Level   1

it wont work on my console though. I have tried redownloading after clearing my cache three times and restarting my console, then downloading it again, it says " players failed to load content. A player may be missing downloadable content"  which i have repeatedly downloaded.

• Level   S

Hey again Cj! If you go into Settings, System, Storage, do you see any corrupt files? Particularly any Halo 4 corrupt files? If you do, I would delete them and clear your cache before relaunching the game.

If not, while you're in your storage, find the Title Update for Halo 4 and delete it along with the Forge Island DLC. Then, clear your cache 3 times in a row (here's a guide if you need it: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache). Restart your console and then relaunch Halo 4. It will probably tell you that an update is needed, that's fine. After the game updates again, redownload the Forge Island DLC and try launching it.

Let us know how that works for you and we'll go from there! ^_^

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!