This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox 360 controller not found in "joy.cpl"

• Level   1

Hello Friends

I hope you can help me with my problem.

I want to play GTA 4 with my wired Xbox 360 controller. But i can's link the controller zu my PC!

First i installed the Microsoft Xbox 360 Accesoire software. 

But when i open "joy.cpl" the controller does not appear...!

Please help me, thank you very much.

Chris

All Replies
    • Level   4

Hi!

Have you downloaded this?

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Select your operating system, and make sure you use the correct bit software, either 32-bit or 64-bit. This may be the reason behind the programme not detecting the controller.

Also, check online for any drivers that the controller may need.

Once you think you're ready to go, press WindowsKey and 'R', to open Run, then type joy.cpl again, and see if it's connected.

XBOX LIVE Ambassador and Enforcement United

Follow me on Xbox!

• Level   1

Hello =)

Thank you very very much for your fast answer.

Yes i installed the software withe the bit-version. but it doesn't work =(

Its an official xbox 360 controller, so i hope that i don't need any other drivers, right?

I'm sorry, but i don't know what you mean with "press WindowsKey". where do i have to press this?

Thank you again for your help.

Greetings from Switzerland

Chris

• Level   1

Sorry, now i know what you mean with WindowsKey.

But the controller is still not awailable in joy.cpl

Thanks

• Level   3

Troubleshooting as follows for using a Joypad on your windows pc: support.xbox.com/.../xbox-controller-for-windows-info

II M0Z II - [AWOL]

Xbox Community Member: Level 7, Xbox Community Ambassador: Level 10

Xbox Enforcement United: Level 12

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

I've noticed a trend with these questions on the Ambassabank.  Your wired controller isn't by any chance a wireless controller with the play and charge kit plugged into it by any chance?  If it is then that is why it doesn't work.  The play & charge kit can only charge your batteries.  You want one of these www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=sr_1_2 if you want to connect your controller to your pc.

• Level   1

Hey- stuart? i have the same problem here however i use one of the things you linked.. any advice for me? sorry if this is taken as intruding but i have the same thing, thx :)

• Level   X

Hey there Flawsom,

Sorry to hear you're also having an issue with your controller on your PC.

If none of the solutions posted above helped resolve your issue, as this thread is a few months old, please go ahead and create a new thread detailing your situation along with any error codes/messages you see and the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so that we can tailor our support to your particular needs.