This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox 360 Does Not Recognize Forza Horizon: LCE Disc

• Level   1

Hi guys. I'm having a bizarre problem I recently encountered with my copy of Forza Horizon: Limited Collector's Edition, and I see quite a few other players have also been dealing with Forza Horizon issues, but since their issues are related to the Games On Demand version, I thought it best to start a separate thread to avoid confusion.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I popped my Forza Horizon: Limited Collector's Edition (which I've had since launch day) disc into my Xbox 360 to play, but for some bizarre reason, out of the blue my 360 doesn't recognize the disc and hasn't since. It doesn't even know it's in the tray. I'm not given any error messages or codes when I close it. It doesn't even try to load it. All it does is display "Open Tray" as if it was empty.

I've tested my other game discs and they work just fine on my Xbox 360. Furthermore, I tried playing my Forza Horizon: LCE disc on my dad's Xbox 360 and his won't recognize it either, but his 360 doesn't have any issues playing other 360 game discs, as well. What gives? Can someone please help me?

All Replies
    • Level   3

Hi Trooper JD279,

There was a similar post on the forza forums and this appeared to be down to an issue at the time with xbox live.  The suggested fix was to logout of xbox live and then back in again as it was having trouble syncing.

forums.forzamotorsport.net/.../ShowThread.aspx

See if that works

Regards

BoA

• Level   1

Thanks, but I had already read through that forum. They're experiencing a different issue where the game is stuck at the loading screen. I don't get that far. My 360 doesn't even know the disc is in the tray - it says "Open Tray" when I put it in.

Last night I disconnected my 360 from the internet, removed the HDD and all flash drives, attempted to start Forza Horizon: LCE and my 360 still didn't recognize the disc. This is really frustrating. Forza Horizon: LCE is the only game that does this. Every other 360 game disc I've tested works fine (picked up Splinter Cell: Blacklist yesterday and it works fine, too). So it can't be my 360.

• Level   3

Has to be a disc issue then,

If you are able to rent or borrow the game you could install it to your HD and then should be able to run the game with your own disc.  I had this same problem with Mass Effect disc which got damaged.  This worked for me.

Regards

BoA

• Level   1

I doubt it's the disc because I'm always very meticulous about the handling and use of my games. I'm quite obsessive compulsive that way. There are no scratches, cracks, scuffs, or smudges - the disc is in pristine condition.

• Level   S

Hey there Trooper!

Wrath could be on the right track here. Discs can often be damaged without having noticeable scratches/burns/etc to the naked eye. I've had it happen with my games before too (Skyrim was most recent) and I'm very careful with my discs.

One of the best tests to perform is to use another disc copy of the game to see if your console will read their copy of the game.

Let us know if you're able to give that a shot! ^_^

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!

• Level   1

Really? That doesn't make any sense. All I've done is remove it from the case, play it, and put it back. I've literally played it less than half a dozen times since it was released last year, and I have plenty of other games that are much older and in not quite as good of condition that work perfectly on my 360. How could it get damaged?

Well, better safe than sorry. I'll try to get my hands on another copy of the game and try it on my 360. I'm guessing a brand new copy would be ideal. My dad has been wanting Forza Horizon, and I've been meaning to get it for him anyway. I'm sure he'd let me test it out on my 360. I'll let you guys know what happens as soon as I can. :)

• Level   X

Alrighty Trooper,

As Mister Cerb said, some discs can be fickle things. I recently had to get a new Halo 4 disc but I still have an Orange Box disc that works brilliantly.

Keep us posted on how the new disc works. Cheers!

• Level   1

My copy isn't working either. It's very annoying. O am going to send a message to Microsoft and Turn 10 and see what they have to day about it.

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

Hi Trooper JD79 & sheinly,

You can always go down the disc replacement route:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-replacement-program

Regards

BoA

• Level   1

Alright, I know it's been a while (been dealing with some personal stuff in my life and this got sidelined), but I finally got a hold of another Forza Horizon game disc and sure enough it worked perfectly fine on my 360. So I replaced my old one and everything's great again.

Thing is, I still don't know what the heck happened with my original copy. It worked great for the first several months then all of a sudden it didn't. I compared it to my new disc and it's in just as immaculate condition. This worries me because I don't know what's stopping this from happening again. And I hate not knowing how and why things went wrong. I'll just have to see how it goes. Hopefully this new copy will work out okay. :D