This question is answered

Halo 4 loadouts not working

• Level   2
So I haven't played halo 4 in awhile and I started to get back onto it recently and all of a sudden my loadouts stopped appearing in my online games. Every time I go into a game I have the crappy default loadouts and if I go to the menu it shows my custom loadouts.its been doing this for about a week or two now, it started right before the latest halo 4 update. I looked online and I don't seem to find a solution to the problem, it sucks because I don't want to play halo at a disadvantage. No fun. Does anyone have any info about this? Thank you.
Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

There is a Big Team game mode that doesn't have custom load outs. Note the game mode under the map name and you will notice which mode it is. I think the two modes are actually called 'Big Team Slayer' and 'Big Team Infinity Slayer' if memory serves. I want to say it is 'Big Team Slayer' that has doesn't have custom load outs, but don't quote me on it. I primarily play Big Team as well. Love the larger maps, vehicles, and more targets of opportunity. :-)

All Replies
    • Level   5

It depends on the type of game you are in.

Certain types of game (usually with the Infinity or Pro prefix) mandate what loaouts you get to use.

To check your loadouts actually exist, go do a Spartan Ops, they should appear there.

I put things here to imply I'm much more important than I am.
    • Level   2

I only play big team infinity slayer, which supports custom loadouts. Thanks though.

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

There is a Big Team game mode that doesn't have custom load outs. Note the game mode under the map name and you will notice which mode it is. I think the two modes are actually called 'Big Team Slayer' and 'Big Team Infinity Slayer' if memory serves. I want to say it is 'Big Team Slayer' that has doesn't have custom load outs, but don't quote me on it. I primarily play Big Team as well. Love the larger maps, vehicles, and more targets of opportunity. :-)

• Level   5

Just because its Big Team infinity slayer you're choosing from the palylists, doesn't mean its the version that lets you have custom loadouts.

As I suggested earlier, do your loadouts show up in Spartan Ops?

I put things here to imply I'm much more important than I am.
    • Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Slayer Pro gametypes also do not allow Custom Loadouts.

• Level   2

My loadouts do show up in spartan ops. I used to play big team infinity slayer with custom loadouts. I know that for a fact because that's the only mode I used to play lol. For some reason my loadouts show up in infinity slayer. Kinda lame but at least I know now, thanks for the help.

• Level   2

you must be playing in a playlist that didnt have load outs. pro slayer doesnt.