This question has suggested answer(s)

I can't play MW3 or BO online but Xbox live works.

• Level   2

I got gold membership and I can login to xbox live on my 360. But when I want to play mw3 or black ops (which is the only games I've tried) online I can't! What can be the reason to this? It worked for a few days ago.

All Replies
    • Level   4

Why can't you?

• Level   2

Well, I don't know. That's the question? I f anyone knows what the problem might be

• Level   4

What is stopping you from playing elaborate please?

• Level   2

Aha! When I try to go in to "xbox live" on mw3 multiplayer it loads for a while and then a window pops up that says "ERROR. The call of duty: Modern warfare 3 server is not available at this tie. PLease try again later or visit www.callofduty.com/mw3/status for updates". The same thing happened when I tryed it on BO... I've tried many many times now but the same thing happens. I've also tried to disconnect the xbox, changed profile but nothing works.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

The Call of Duty servers were more than likely down while you were attempting to play. A good test to see if you are connected to live is to try and access the Marketplace from your Dashboard. If you are able to you are connected to Live.

If you are still having the issue, your NAT may be set to strict. If that is the case use the following guide:

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

Hope that helps!

Xbox Ambassador - Here to help the masses!

• Level   1

same!!!!!!!

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I'm experiencing the same problem, as soon as I go back to dashboard it signs me back in to xbox live.  I am able to play Block Ops though so maybe you are experiencing a connection issue.  You might want to try some "hardware" solutions before trying anything else.  Try changing storage devices, changing game disks, and changing consoles before contacting xbox support.

If you find a solution to the problem, please message me. Right now I'm considering cancelling my current gamertag and registering a new one because I believe it's an issue involved with my gamer profile

Hope I was able to help!

• Level   1

For the past few days the MW3 servers were acting up and gamers were unable to connect. We found that shutting down your Xbox and rebooting seemed to help.

As of last night, none of my friends reported any connection issues.

Awhile back, I had issues with mw2 doing that. It ended up being a router issue.

Is your NAT type set to strict?