This question is not answered

My xbox says play game but show no pic and if I load with out pic loaded it resets my xbox

• Level   1

I am a long time xbox user and there is not much i don't know about my xbox but I am stumped.

here is the problem I have an old 2006 xbox I picked up used to replace my old xbox with a similar problem not accounting for this one I have had 14 replacements from xbox.

I put the disk in to play a game it says play game but the pic of the game dose not show up just the green BG and play game in right hand corner.

now if I press a when it dose this to play game it goes to black screen logs me off live and resets the xbox logs me back in to live but if I am in a party I have to manually log back in to that party

now to get it to work I will eject the disk till I see the pic for the game.

when I do get the game to work it will run for maybe 20-30 min then it will lock the screen only way to get it running is to reset and begin again.

I have sent this xbox to get repaired but as I said I bought this one used to replace the xbox that had disk read errors and that was out of warranty so I scraped it :(  sadly this used xbox has been tampered with, and was returned from xbox stating so.

I would like any help I can get

I would buy a new one but cant afford that and I would like to continue playing 360 for years to come!

Thanks DREW

All Replies
    • Level   2

I would recommend you follow these steps.

1. Remove the game from the console.

2. Turn your console off.

3. Remove your HD.

4. Start the Xbox again.

5. Insert the game.

Let me know what the results are. And did you try playing a different game? Or does it do that for every single game?