This question has suggested answer(s)

Skyrim freezing on brand new xbox 360 slim 320gb gears of war edition

• Level   2

Freezes at random points in the game

All Replies
    • Level   2

Is the game installed to the HDD? Have you tried clearing your Xbox 360 system cache?

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

• Level   2

I have tried it  by clearing my cache and I have tried with two identical discs it still freezes

• Level   2

I have downloaded the latest patch and it still freezes

• Level   1

I have the same problem. Though, I am on the low end 360 slim w/4gb.  I experience random freezing while playing Skyrim. I too am using a new disk (pristine) as well as my friends. Still, the console freezes usually during the loading screens though it's happened elsewhere in non reproducible world/dungeons.  It's odd. I had the first 360 that was released and it lasted almost 5 years and the only time it froze was when it finally bit the dust.  This, brand new, and has already frozen about a dozen times in the month I've had it.

• Level   2

I don't have skyrim but on nba 2k12, fifa 12 and mw3 and possible other games too I get skipping freezes which freezes at anytime anywhere in the game and freezes 4-5 times then plays normally anyone getting that?

• Level   1

I get tons of freezes on Skyrim, to the point that I'm probably done with it. I'm also getting intermittent disk errors on skyrim, nba 2k12, arkham city, and any other recently released game i try to play. Breaking out my backup PS3 in 3...2...1...

• Level   1

Hey Erik, sorry to hear about the freeze issues! To be sure, have you tried working through this screen freeze guide?

• Level   1

I keep having the same problem, quite a lot of buildings and caves are just inaccessible to me because as soon as i try to enter them, the simple loading screen comes up (the one with just the smoke and your level bar) and freezes, i can't do anything. Just recently, it started freezing even in open areas, just casually walking over the hills and down paths. I've tried deleting unwanted saves (over 100 of them) and installing the game onto my hard-drive (250GB in a 4GB slim). Really don't know what else to do, other than deleting the cache, but i doubt that'll do much

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greeting, Jonny! It appears that you're having some screen freezing problems - very sorry about that! Can you do me a favor and create a new thread detailing your situation? When you make your new thread, please confirm any troubleshooting steps you have tried, including those offered in this guide support.xbox.com/.../screen-freeze-solution Doing so will enable us to provide you with the very best support possible. Thank you very much for your cooperation! It is much appreciated. :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   4

I myself have Skyrim and also have the newest and latest updates\console for my Xbox 360, and I haven't received any glitches, sure it may stop to save the game...but other than that, it's fine. Try clearing your system cache again and make sure the game isn't scratch.

• Level   2

Welcome to the world of "Bethesda" games. They are they creators of games such as "Fallout" and the game you are having trouble with "Skyrim". As of now, I do not know of a way to fix these, and Bethesda is working on making games that don't freeze all of the time. Some are lucky and it does not happen to them, but sadly you are like me and have this happen frequently. You have no idea how many times iv'e been playing new vegas, doing great, and BAM crash. I do not know if anyone does know how to fix this, but me and all of my friends who suffer from the same problem also have no idea.

- Brand new to the Xbox Live Ambassador program -

United States Marine Corps Basic Training graduating class of 2015. Can't wait.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

As for Fallout 3 randomly freezing clearing my System Cache worked for me.

• Level   2

Why cant I edit my post, I lost everything I wrote....WTF?

• Level   1

It freezes right after i start it and i cant install it to my hardrive what do i do

• Level   S

Greetings, L3G3ND. Please click this link and write a full description of your situation including any error messages you are seeing and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far: forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx. This will enable us to begin the troubleshooting process for you. Thanks in advance! Standing by. :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!