This question has suggested answer(s)

360 wont read anything

• Level   1

Today 1year exactly from when i bought my 360 slim 250gb xbox, my 360 wont read any of my games and none of my dvds either. I was playing/watching stuff last night and today i try to play a game and it wont read. When i put a game or movie in, it will just say open tray. How do i fix this? I  tried clearing cache and removing harddrive. still doesnt work. And everything is clean and in my region.

Beta tested lots of games.
All Replies
    • Level   M
    • Suggested Answer

My console says 'open tray' or won't read my discs.

It sounds like you have tried most steps but maybe this sticky will have something you have not tried in there.
    If nothing helps the next step may be to phone support.

Post provided 'as is' and confers no rights.

• Level   1

yeah ive tried all that before posting. didnt help at all

Beta tested lots of games.
    • Level   M

That sucks, I guess you will need to phone support.

Post provided 'as is' and confers no rights.

• Level   1

This has been happening to me for about of week. It reads and plays games some times but most of the time, it won't even attempt to read the dang thing.

I called phone support a few days ago and he told me to delete files with an exclamation point next to them off my hard drive. He also told me to remove my hard drive and still didn't work.

I went to an electronics store today and bought a laser cleaning disk which is supposed to remove dust and dirt inside the system but that didn't do jack.

I'm thinking about just buying a new Xbox 360 the cheap way and get the arcade system and just put my hard drive on there because I am not paying $119.99 for them to repair it and send it back...

• Level   1

yeah same thing happened to me last nigh, it worked fine up until yesterday. i was playing a game, then i got a disk read error so i shut it off for a few hours then i went to play the same game and it just said 'open tray' so i stuck a few more games in and kept getting the same thing. Kind of funny how it wants to do that now right when the warranty is over.

• Level   1

I purchased my Xbox in November of '08 and my warranty is over as well.

This is ridiculous though and I've been hearing more and more problems with other people.

This is the second time that Microsoft has screwed me over...

• Level   1

I have the same problem but all that happens is I get told to follow the same steps. Despite the fact i said i had already done them. Sick of this now