This question is answered

Classic Simpson Hit And Run fails to play on Xbox 360

• Level   1

I have just purchased The Simpsons Hit and Run Classic for an XBox 360 as it is listed in the playable list. I cannot however get the game to play even though the console software is up to date?

What an I doing wrong? I get a Game Error:

The game could not start. Try downloading it again.

But its running from a disc?....help

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Try installing it on your hard disk

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

do you have the xbox 360 S? or the old big original xbox 360? cause the old HDD have a special emulator file that lets you play the original 360 games, dont remember if the newer 360s have that file on their HDD

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.
    • Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

All certified Xbox 360 hard drives have the ability to play original Xbox games that are on the supported list, you do require your console to be connected to live to download an update for the game though. The error you are getting seems to suggest that you either are not connected to live or you have a none certified hard drive.

If you have the 4Gb console then you will need to purchase a genuine Microsoft certified and I cannot stress how important it is to use the official hard drives to play any Xbox original games.
    • Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

forums.xbox.com/.../25.aspx

The sticky thread above explains in detail exactly what you need to play Xbox original games.

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hi, you install the game exactly as described in the link below

support.xbox.com/.../manage-game-library

Where did you purchase the drive? It should be easy enough to tell if the drive is genuine by popping it out of the console and seeing if it has the Microsoft holographic sticker and Microsoft logo on the casing. Although no doubt the third party drives probably have these as well. If your original Xbox games aren't working its usually a good indication that the drive is not official and certified by Microsoft.

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I should point out that you can't actually install original Xbox games to the Xbox 360 hard drive!!!

All Replies
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

make sure your console is connected to live

• Level   1

Thanks for your replies..

.I have an 4gb S Xbox  360 with a 250gb hardrive. In the xbox storage settings it shows 'Microsoft' against this drive...does this mean it is certified?

how can I tell if the emulator software is on the HDD?

also how do you copy the disc to this HDD with the S version?

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hi, you install the game exactly as described in the link below

support.xbox.com/.../manage-game-library

Where did you purchase the drive? It should be easy enough to tell if the drive is genuine by popping it out of the console and seeing if it has the Microsoft holographic sticker and Microsoft logo on the casing. Although no doubt the third party drives probably have these as well. If your original Xbox games aren't working its usually a good indication that the drive is not official and certified by Microsoft.

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I should point out that you can't actually install original Xbox games to the Xbox 360 hard drive!!!

• Level   1

Cheers!

Figures why the option to install doesn't appear  :(

I will check hardrive to see if certified. Thanks again.

• Level   5

You're welcome, I should have pointed out the inability to install original Xbox games earlier. Be safe and happy gaming.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

It is made for the older xbox

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Try changing your xbox 360 from 60 hz to 50 hz (in settings)

• Level   V

Please check the date of a post before bumping it. The original issue was posted over a year ago  and the last response was 5 months ago. I'm sure the issue has been taken care of by now.