This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox randomly stops reading disc

• Level   1

So when I put in my MW3 game, it plays perfectly for about 15 minutes, but then I get a message saying ERROR: disc unreadable Clean with soft cloth and restart console. My game isn't scratched. All the other games work perfectly( I played MW2, Kinect Dance Central, and Black ops for about two hours and no problem.) What is wrong? Activision wants me to pay $20 for something that I don't see is my fault. I even offered to give them my disc so they examine it and they want me to pay $20 just so they can tell me if it's good when I know it is good. I tried it at my friend's Xbox and it does the same thing! It doesn't have any scratches whatsoever, so then what is wrong?

All Replies
    • Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

Have you tried cleaning it with a cloth just in case?

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador™

• Level   1

Yeah, I cleaned it with a cloth two times now :/ I tried the solution of taking out my hard drive and all usb connections and so far it has worked :D

BTW: I'm jealous of your points. 69,000!

• Level   4

That's great to hear man! Hopefully that will fix the issue for you! Keep me posted!

And thanks it definitely is a lot of points! I don't know if its something to be proud of or not. lol

Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador™

• Level   7
    • Suggested Answer

If you are having trouble with a cd,dvd or a game not reading or damage to a disc try these steps in order:  also make sure you didnt scratch the side with the image

More information can be found HERE.Also try a other disc to see if it works in the system.

If the following steps above do not work you want to try these steps:

If a disc has been damaged you can visit Xbox 360 game replacement HERE.

If no disc will read you may need a system repair for info to get that fixed can be found HERE.