This question has suggested answer(s)

Madden 2013 game freezes

• Level   1

I was curious to know if anyone had heard of a fix for Madden 2013 constantly freezing on Xbox 360's without 250GB hard drives or larger? Or if xbox support had heard of this problem at all? I have tried every work around available (clearing cache, reformat, no hard drive, etc....) and nothing will work. EA's customer service is atrocious, while their reps are friendly they really have no idea what is going on. I am really at my wits end here and just can not believe that a game could be released unplayable, with no warning that you needed a large HDD to play it.

All Replies
    • Level   2

Have you tried all steps in this guide:

forums.xbox.com/.../8221.aspx

• Level   1

This is the only game I own that freezes up. Especially after 3-10 minutes of play.

• Level   7

If the above link doesn't work, click here

Ahhh, the sweet smell of pigskin is in the air. E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!   3-1

@1brandiesel

• Level   1

Ok let me clarify this one more time, this is not a system freeing up issue. This is specifically with Madden 2013, on older Xbox 360s or the 4G slim models. For some reason without a 250GB or larger HDD the game has a chance to freeze on some systems. Not all 4G or older Xboxs but the same variable between the people having the problem is a HDD of <250GB on one of those systems.

• Level   S

Hey there Monkey! Just to clarify, this game freezes on multiple consoles, all of which have no trouble playing any other game, correct? Also, it sounds like this only happens when there is no Hard Drive on the console, but works properly if you connect one, is that also true? Let us know, thanks!

• Level   1

Hi Gwyther, thanks for the reply. To answer your question, yes. Madden 13 is the only game I own that freezes either one of my xbox's. I also tested the disc on a friends console and it worked perfectly. I have two of the original xbox 360's with the 20GB HDD ( I think it's 20GB I have 18.6GB free after reformat. ) My friend's console is much newer and has a 250GB HDD. It seems like older Xboxs and the 4G slim models have a chance to not play Madden 13 and freeze up shortly into game play.

Here are some other people that are experiencing the same problem or very similar.

www.operationsports.com/.../573104-madden-13-freezing-please-help.html

forum.ea.com/.../8936788.page

answers.yahoo.com/.../index

I think the amount of people affected by this is not very large, yet still frustrating for the ones affected.

(edit) The game also freezes up with or without my HDD attached. I have tried every fix imaginable. Clearing cache, reformatting HDD, playing without any internet connection, power cycling router and modem, power cycling xbox after clearing cache, reformatting again, deleting xbox live profiles, and resetting the time and date to 11/15/2005.

Thanks!

• Level   1

I also am encountering this same issue. Tried same resolutions. I have a black XBOX 360 with the wireless built in with 4 GB memory. After touchdowns is when I see this. Player will go into the endzone, but the video freezes. About a few seconds later sound also stops. Then nothing can be done but to manually get up and power off the xbox. Cannot do anything from the controller at this point. Hope it gets fixed.

• Level   1

Update. It also happened in MUT mode while in the menus. Guess it wasnt isolated to after scoring a TD.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there, acuddlymonkey. Is your router up-to-date with the latest firmware? Would you be able to check that for me? x H A Z M A T x, can you check that as well? Thanks in advance!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

Mister Darcy my router firmware is up to date, however this problem occurs offline as well. One of the fixes I tried was to remove the xbox from the internet after reformatting.

• Level   1

Same problem happens to me, I tried all the steps and it continues to happen. Set the clock, cleared the catche and so on.

Freezes in the menus, in the practices/games/menus for connected careers, it freezes in the Ultimate Card modes. No matter what i do it always freezes. I have 120 gig hard drive on a older xbox and all my games are fine except this one. I even cleared a lot of space on my hard drive but it still happens.

After I contacted EA twice I got the hint they do not care.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there, everyone! I apologize for the late reply. Can you all confirm that you've cleared out a good amount of space on your hard drive? SeveringHat641, it appears as though you have done this already and also contacted EA. Did they have insight to share on the issue?

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

EA does not care.

I am ServingHat641 this is the profile I have for when I play Madden and they never helped me with my issue whatsoever. I did all that *** and waited for e-mails and they still would not help me.

I ended up buying a New Xbox with a 320 hard drive (Star Wars one) So I could play this stupid game. I have had more problems with EA games than any other type. I had issues with Fifa 12 a while back in December where a hacker from the U.K. hacked my account because of Fifa 12. EA is the worst company out there.

• Level   1

I also agree that EA doesn't care. It took over 9 days for them to answer my ticket and then the only response I got was to contact them again if I had anymore questions. EA's customer service is atrocious on all levels. But hey they got $60 from me for an unplayable game and no way to get a refund.

@Mister Darcy First, thanks for replying. I have tried every fix imaginable that doesn't involve new hardware. There is something wrong with their game. I absolutely refuse to either buy a new HDD or Xbox for one game that doesn't have any system requirements for the POS they put out.

• Level   1

Sorry I didnt follow up sooner.  For giggles I cleared the cache a second time and I have not had the issue again. Played alot. I swear I did clear it the first time. But the second time worked. Anyhow as far as me end it seems it is no longer an issue. Not unless one of the updates fixed it. Either way I am happy I no longer have the problem. Games has been running flawlessly for a couple weeks.

Thanks