This question is not answered

where can i download the update to play shivering isles expansion disc on 360 via my pc (no phone line)?

• Level   1

hello,hope you can help.have just got oblivion yesterday,along with the shivering isles/knights of the nine expansion disc). when i installed them to my hd,the update that (supposedly) came on the disc doesn't install to my hd.hence i cannot play the expansion quests. i know that this is the problem (no scratched disc/time and date correct e.t.c) have re installed everything and cleared cache memory numerous times but no joy! have even resorted to formatting the hd,but it still doesn't install the update (1.2.1 update that it needs) i have already installed the latest 360 update (system update 13146) via a usb stick.it's just rediculous that i have paid for a disc that doesn't work because of an update (or lack of one) where can i download the update via my pc (and to a usb stick) and then install it to the 360.thanks in advance.

All Replies
    • Level   2

did you just new game and have you just run around and seen a msg pop up saying there's some kind of gate?

• Level   1

FiftyFourBravo.yes i bought the game yesterday (along with si expansion disc) the problem is definitely the update,as i have been playing the game (in game time for a number of days) was at the point of leading martin to cloud ruler temple (then looking for mythic dawn books) i had already installed both si and kotn expansions before playing game.it doesn't recognise any update (that the disc said it installed/no 1.2.1 on bottom left of video settings menu) this problem is widely known (from reading all the forums about it, whilst looking for a solution. even though i have the latest update installed in 360,the game isn't recognising the expansion quests.

• Level   8

Clear the cache (System Settings - Memory - Highlight your Hard Drive and press Y - pick the Clear System Cache option) and then the next time you play the game when connected to Live the update will be downloaded from there.

Unfortunately no-one can tell you how to download the update on the PC and then to transfer it to your console as Microsoft consider that system tampering, so oddly enough don't like us talking about it.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   1

thanks voteDC.unfortunately do not have a phone line (no xbox live) it just seems stupid for bethesda to release a game on disc (for people who cannot download the extra content) and then say that you need to download a patch to play it! (as the update on the disc doesn't work) have cleared the cache memory lots of times (along with reinstalling all the discs as well as formatting the hd in the hope that it would work.unfortunately it hasn't :-( looks like i will just have to wait until the 5th anniversary edition of oblivion is released in uk (i really hope that they will have solved this problem for the new edition/as it really is ruining the game!)

• Level   8

Is there no way you could take your console to a friends place to grab the update from Live? Not an ideal solution but it'd get you up and playing the expansions.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.