This question is answered

Worms: Revolution keeps freezing up!

• Level   2

I purchased Worms Revolution today after trying out the Demo, and now the entire console freezes after I hit the start button.  I have to press the power button on the console to turn it off as the controller won't do anything.  I've deleted the game and the corrupted saved game that was created, but I can't find the "system cache" that the sticky in this forum talks about -- "Memory" is not a category I can find.

1. Delete the game: System Settings > Memory > [select storage device] > Games > [select title] > [select content] > Delete
    1. NOTE: If you don't find the game or add-on here, try looking in the "Games" level for a file called "Unknown Game". Delete this instead.

2. Clear system cache: System Settings > Memory > Highlight HDD, press  > Clear Cache > Yes

3. Restart the console

4. Re-download from purchase history: System Settings > Account Management > Download History > [select content] > Download Again

Where am I supposed to find the system cache?  I also deleted the "content cache", restarted the console, redownloaded the game, but it didn't resolve the issue.  Now what??

Verified Answer
  • Great news!  Now I can purchase it again.

All Replies
    • Level   5

Hey.System check is in where your hardrive is.Storage ..Then youll see clear catche..PM if u still cant find it..

• Level   2

Found the solution in a Halo 4 thread.  I kept selecting the hard drive and got the "transfer content" for the Y button.  Once I figured out to just highlight it and press Y, I got where I needed to go.  I'm downloading the game now, so we'll see if it works.  They need to update their sticky at the top of this subforum.  The info is out of date.

• Level   2

OK, deleted game, deleted corrupt saved game, cleared system cache, turned off, turned on, redownloaded, still freezes the bloody console!  It appears to be happening when it creates the save file -- asking where I want my save file -- whether I save it to my hard drive or to the cloud.

• Level   1

The same thing is happening to me, it was fine yesterday. Iv tried all the above and no luck

• Level   1

The same thing is happening to me, after 2 months playing :-(

• Level   2

At least y'all got to play it.  I just purchased it yesterday and it hasn't worked once.  When I downloaded the trial, it worked fine.  Once I purchased the full game, it freezes.

I tried deleting it and some other demo games, moved my profile from the memory unit to the hdd, and then downloaded the game again, wondering if maybe it was on a corrupted portion of my hdd.  Still no luck.  I even moved the game to the memory unit and it still won't work.

If this doesn't get fixed, I'm going to be demanding a refund of my MS Points.

• Level   1

Exactly same here.. Never got to play the game.. Tried first time today and just freezing the console.

It's not like they have to test it on 100 different pieces of hardware!

• Level   1

yep metoo its happening to everyone and you call microsoft with there nonenglish speaking customer sevice (witch is disrespectfull to us all) to try and fix the problem but when you delete everything and  clear system hdd casha  and download everthing again still freezes any time a save happens it bull and needs fixed asap i dont pay for games that dont work nor should anyone eles they need to address this problem ASAP before the have a legal despute from people this aint right .

• Level   2

Hi, everyone, Sorry to hear you guys are having this problem. I have no idea how to fix this and I think neither would Microsoft. They did not make the game so its the makers of the game you must report this to.

• Level   3

Same here I've tried the fix and it fails to correct the issue.

" Count'n bodies like sheep to the rythm of the war drums "
    • Level   2

I already have contacted Team 17.  However, they will dump it back on Microsoft since there are a lot of people playing it with no problems, thus they'll claim that the game is fine and it's Microsoft's problem distributing it to me, or something wrong on my console.  Microsoft will do as you have done and say "Not our product" and dump it on Team 17.  in the end, I won't be surprised if nothing gets done and I'm out 1200 MS Points.  I'll demand my points back, of course since Microsoft is the one who took them and did not provide a working copy of the game.

When you buy a Sony product that is defective out of the box, you take it back to the store you bought it from to get your refund.  Sony doesn't refund your money, the store does.  In the same way,  Microsoft took my MS Points in exchange for a defective game, thus Microsoft should refund my MS Points if the problem is not fixed.  My older boys are wanting Minecraft or the Halo 4 Mapp Pass thing, so the points will get spent again and Microsoft won't lose anything

I want wither a working Worms: Revolution or my 1200 MS Points back.  My first preference would be a working version of the game, however, since al of my boys can play it.

• Level   2

I understand what you're saying. I would love to help you fix this issue but I do not currently own this game. If I did I would love to help you fix the problem. And you said it freezes when asked to save to your HDD or the cloud? Well how about try disabling the cloud and then try playing.

• Level   2

It usually freezes before it gets to the point of asking me where I want to store my save data.  As soon as I hit "start" on the title screen, it freezes.  On the occasions where I do get to choose, it doesn't matter whether I select the cloud, the memory unit, or the HDD -- it freezes right after selecting one.  I can try disabling the cloud, but I don't know how to do that.

• Level   1

I'm having the same issue as well.

• Level   2

Ok, try unplugging the memory unit and to disable the cloud when in your dash go to Settings>Storage> Go to Cloud Saved Games and hover, do not click on it, instead press Y and the click disable.