This question has suggested answer(s)

Minecraft multiplayer?????

• Level   1
We have the HDMI cable, a plasma tv, Xbox 360, but for some reason cannot figure out how to do multi player?? I have tried all the YouTube videos and hope somebody here can explain. Thanks in advance.
All Replies
    • Level   2

Are you talking about split screen multiplayer (two players on the same TV). What problem are you having exactly?

• Level   1

Yes, multiplayer split screen can't get it to work.  What is the trick?  Can you you walk me through the process please?

• Level   3

I think you need to get the other controllers. sign in the profile, and then just press A to join the game. I didn't have a problem when I did it. I'll research it some more.

• Level   1

Nothing seems to work?  We have 3 controllers and this is driving me crazy!!!!!

• Level   1

i think when the controllers connected push start

Xbox Live Community Ambassador 

• Level   1

Are you running your HDMI cable directly into the TV or through something else.  I have read that some Plasma tvs are not necessarily HDTvs and the only way to connect more than one person on a console is to use a HDTV.  That being said, I was wondering if you could post a couple of the youtube sites you went to so I can double check what they are telling you to do.  I play minecraft with my son, connecting my xbox to a computer monitor, so hopefully I can help you.

• Level   1

It could also be because your actual Xbox display settings are not set to an HD setting even with the HDMI cable plugged in so you could check that in your Xbox settings

• Level   2

Do check as the above said, because if you are using an HDTV but set to SD or lower than 720p on the Xbox you will not have the split screen option when you play the game.. Likewise as said if its a plasma but not an HD TV then you will not see the splitscreen options

• Level   1

obalgou.gif

( ^_^ )

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

For splitscreen, you need an HDTV. Once you're at the level select screen, press 'Start' on the other controller.

For online, you'll need to have the person you want to join as a friend or be invited.

• Level   1

Some TV doesn't support split screen, you need a HDTV with a Component or HDMI cable required for Split-Screen play. Split-screen functionality works with a VGA connection to a PC monitor as well as HDMI-to-DVI cables to a PC monitor. Up to 4 players can play in split screen