This question has suggested answer(s)

What does multilayer local and co-op mean?

• Level   1
Sorry this question sounds so absurd, but really having an issue finding two-player split screen games. This stems from the terminology used. Here is an example. Downloaded Borderlands from Xbox on demand. Started playing in split screen mode with a friend. Got a strange message about player 2 not having a saved spot and to press okay to continue. Pressed okay you continue. Played the game for awhile to get used to it, got to levels 5 and 4. Went to end the game, it said it was saved. Turned off the console. Went to play it again and my character was saved; however, my friends character was not. There was never an option to create a profile for player 2. Thought this game was multiplayer: local and on-line, co-op 2-4 players. Was it incorrect to assume that if another person wanted to play the same missions together with me we could? Otherwise could you explain the difference between multiplayer:on-line & local, and co-op: 2-4?
All Replies
    • Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

If your friend played as a guest then it will not save his character, you would have to create a new profile to have his character saved

UK Xbox Deals

The gamer formerly known as 24.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

As 24hrs said .... When your friend activates his controller, he should press the silver button to log in that controller to a separate account, or create a new one if necessary.

• Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

Be aware we are not saying he needs a gold subscription just an account of his own to save his own stats, characters etc while playing local coop

UK Xbox Deals

The gamer formerly known as 24.