This question has suggested answer(s)

How do i stop my Xbox 360 from making rings.

• Level   1

I have an original Xbox 360 and it makes ring on a lot of my discs i have went and repaired my discs but i keeps happening. some time my dog might step on my Xbox. how would i make my disc drive stronger, so that it doesn't make rings as easily.  

All Replies
    • Level   2

put it somewhere where it cant get stepped on or moved. The rings are happening becasue the disc is moving around in the tray while also spinning. Keep the console still while it is on, laying down, not standing up.

• Level   1

it sounds like its  placed in an area where it can be damaged and that might be causing it. move your xbox to a safer location

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Like the previous 2 users said. Move the 360 to somewhere safer than on the floor. At least it sounds like it's there.

Ideally, you will need somewhere that won't block the fans on the console, somewhere that will keep the wires out of reach of animals or passers by (so people don't trip on the wire which will yank the console.) So on a desk/table near the TV or something similar.

• Level   1

if i move it the Ethernet cord won't reach my xbox

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

If you can, then go wireless or buy a longer cord. They aren't too expensive. But if you have the 'slim' xbox, wireless is built in. So as long as you have a wireless router it should be easy to setup.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

I would suggest sticking with the wired connection, it provides way batter connection time and speeds. Wireless can cause a lot of latency issues. But Akradon is correct, buying a longer ethernet is WAAAAAAY cheaper than a new xbox. Wouldn't you agree?