This question is answered

Xbox 360 slim slim says no wireless adapter

• Level   1

My 3 month old xbox 360 slim says there is no wireless adapter connected, i can connect on and off but randomy it disconnects me and says i need to plug in a wireless adapter but this is just getting annoying, i try unplugging everything and switching power sockets but nothing works, the problum keeps occuring, any fixes?

Xbox live Ambassador Xpert Community Beta Tester

Verified Answer
  • If any Xbox Slims show that error it will be a hardware fault no doubt. You should return it to store or to Microsoft

All Replies
    • Level   1

Pictures of my problum showing its a slim

s830.photobucket.com/.../lulcatz1

http://s830.photobucket.com/albums/zz225/lulcatz1/?action=view&current=slimlame.jpg

• Level   V

Try running the "Restore to factory defaults" function on the Xbox. It is in the Network Settings under Additional Settings. then try your connection again.

Also, make sure there are no duplicate SSIDs nearby (networks with the same name).  Make sure your SSID is unique.

Live long. Love life.

• Level   1

Tryed what you said, still encountering the problum, thats for the suggestion, any other ideas?

• Level   1

I'm having the same issue with  my 360 elite + wireless adapter. Never had this issue before the update.

• Level   1

i have the same problem with my xbox slim it says  "to use a wireless internet connection connect an xbox 360 wireless networking adapter to your console"

• If any Xbox Slims show that error it will be a hardware fault no doubt. You should return it to store or to Microsoft

• Level   2

try reinstalling the latest dash update by going to memory lb rb x lb rb x then press yes  and then install update from usb as when you prob dl by xbox it could have came corrupted and messed the wifi drivers

• Level   1

Yeah, that should not be happening, on the slim because the wireless network controller is built in.  I wonder if xbox  uses the same type of adapters as they do in laptops.  If they do, your wireless controller may have come loose.  It could also be a software fault, like a driver is going wonky on you.  Try to reinstall the most recent system update like unicron suggested, it just might work.

If it works when you start your console and goes haywire after the box heats up a bit then I'd have to say it's probably a hardware issue.

• Level   2

this is the slims wifi card its just a internal usb one

s360wifi1 150x90.jpg

• Level   1

@ unicron  - I just took a peek at the wireless controller on AnandTech dot you know what.  It is attached to the chassis with a torx scrue (apparently this site objects to the conventional spelling of s crew), so little chance of it creeping out.  Maybe oxidized contacts or cold solder joints then.  I am also wondering if the slim has some sort of problem going on with the USB controller.  I recently tried to update my xbox with a USB flash drive (actually, three different ones) and it failed.

• Level   1

same problem

• Level   1

take it back to where you got and get a replacement thats what i did

• Level   1

If you can't get a replacement, what do you suggest to try resolve the issue? I have just been kicked out of XBL just to encounter the same problem, never had any problems, never even moved my xbox since i placed it where it is when i first got it. One random kick and now my wireless card seems to be malfunctioning.

The above suggestion about clearing network settings - Can't do that as it tells me to input a wireless adaptor i don't have.

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Cadavadorable - how long have you owned your console? It may still be covered under the 1 year warranty. You can find out by requesting a repair online, here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

i really have tried everything but its not going to get fixed your best bet try to take it to gamestop and return it and use the money to get a used old xbox the white ones for the lucky people whos warranties didnt run out a month ago also if any one knows how to open it up try something and tell us if it worked