This question is answered

Reset Passcode for family settings

• Level   1

Hi my name is warren . I have a 13 year old son . I put a passcode on his xbox awhile ago and since then i have forgotten it . How do i reset it ?

Thanks in advance

warren

Verified Answer
  • Hold on a minute! There is no need to reset the entire console to reset the Family Passcode. If you don't know the code or the security answer, call up phone support and ask them to help you reset it. You will need to prove ownership of the console and/or the parent account.

All Replies
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

To reset the passcode you will need to restore your console to factory defaults. The procedure is as follows:

1. On the 360 dashboard, scroll over to the "System" tab.

2. On the System tab, click "Console Settings".

3. Scroll down in console settings and click "System Info".

4. When the system info box comes up type in this sequence:

LT RT X Y LB RB Y "Left Stick in" (press it in) Y Y      (I believe this code varies for some Xbox's)

A box should come up and say, "Would you like to reset the console to the factory defaults?"

Click Reset and you're done!

For more information on trouble shooting your Xbox you can look here:  http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/troubleshoot/home?xr=shellnav 

Hopefully this does the trick!   Zach

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

• Level   1

what will i lose if i reset the console?

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

From what I understand. Resetting your Xbox to factory defaults could possibly erase everything on your Xbox. You can however recover your gamertags and download all of your DLC's back for free assuming it's on the account you purchased them with.

Another alternative that I highly recommend that had slipped my mind before is this.  When you set the pass code you should have seen the option to put a pass code reset question. If you can answer this question then there will be no need to restore your Xbox.

What if I forgot the answer to my pass code reset question?

Don't fear as you can fix this as well.

You can call customer support to get the console-specific reset code that clears the Flash settings. Clearing the pass code doesn't erase profiles, saved games, downloaded content, or any other vital info. This is looks more preferable than a restore.

If you prefer not to contact Live support through the phones this is also available.    You can contact the xbox support tweet fleet who are an awesome set of gamers who work for microsoft but are dedicated to assisting ASAP and also aware of the issues as first and foremost they game.

http://twitter.com/XboxSupport

This should do it, If you have any questions make another reply to this thread or feel free to PM me!     Zach

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

• Hold on a minute! There is no need to reset the entire console to reset the Family Passcode. If you don't know the code or the security answer, call up phone support and ask them to help you reset it. You will need to prove ownership of the console and/or the parent account.

• Level   1

Ever time i put da code in my Xbox go back to sytem info)

• Level   S

Hey there BAYOUBOYBIGLOU! This thread is pretty old. Go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue. Thanks! ^_^

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!