This question is answered

360 Slim Wireless Network Adapter not working

• Level   2

I just got a 360 slim and when I try to connect via wifi all it says is:

To use a wireless connection, connect an XBox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to your console.

I thought it was built into it?

Verified Answer
  • The adapter is indeed built into the slim models of the Xbox.

It would appear that the adapter is faulty in your console, if you only just got the console I suggest returning it to the retailer for a replacement if that is possible. Failing that you will need to arrange a repair.

You can arrange a repair online here

All Replies
    • Level   2

I bought it off Craigslist so I don't know if the warranty is still good. There isn't a fix for this problem yet? Microsoft needs to just stop trying to make any kind of hardware.

• Level   5

I'm sorry but I have no idea what Craigslist is. Was the console sold as new or used?

If the latter is the case then you could perhaps purchase a wireless adapter and use that or connect using a wired connection if you have no way of obtaining a replacement console from the vendor.

• Level   2

I just looked and its still under warranty so I'm just going to send it in.

Is there a special way to ask for them to dust out the inside and double check every thing else? Microsoft owes me about 3 XBox360s by now any way.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

The samething happen to me and i know why your network password is to long or hard make your password under 10 dots and your xbox will work just fine trust me it will work

• Level   1

not true.  mines doing the same thing and the password is only 9 charactes long.

• Level   1

the guy who had it before u open u the case and try to mod it i know this cuz my network work before i tried to mod it  noew i'm using a network adapter from the old xbox360 to use xbox live

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

When you send your console in, 99% chance they are going to strip it empty and replace it with good valid working parts, pretty much a refurbish. So when you ask about cleaning and dusting they will most likely do that already for you. Look around also and make sure the case hasn't been tampered with.

[Xbox LIVE Ambassador | Xbox Enforcement United]
    • Level   1

I'm having the same issue. It picks up the connection fine, but when I try and connect to live it won't connect. The only way I can get it to connect is if I have the adapter from the old 360 hooked up. So I doubt its the 16 character password problem that someone earlier mentioned. If anyone could help me out here that would be great.

• Level   S

Greetings, Home. It looks like you are already being assisted in this thread: forums.xbox.com/.../1447014.aspx. Let's keep the conversation focused there. Thank you!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

Right I've had my Xbox for nearly two years now had some major, major trouble in the past especially with my current console! And now my Xbox 360 slim has a faulty wireless adaptor, how is this. I've no problem with this before but now I can't even connect for no longer than 5mins!  Microsoft has had several complaints by me do what should I do now!

• Level   S

Hey xSpudxXxMuffinx! We'd be happy to help you look into your connection issue if you could create your own thread in this forum. If you could review our start here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and post in that new thread the details requested in bold we can hop right into the troubleshooting process! Thanks in advance. :)