This question is answered

i cant join a party on MW3! why?!

• Level   1

tuesday night when mw3 came out, i all played online in a party with 6 people for about 5 hrs. the next  day when i got back on, it wouldnt let me join a party all day. i can play online, & talk in live party chat, but when i try to accept a game invite, or party invite it says cant connect to xbox live. WTH?! i cant join any games or partys either. can some one help me with this issue please. Thanks-DWE

Verified Answer
  • it's not you. this seems to be a problem with the game. infinity ward will hopefully put out a bugfix release soon with this and other issues patched.

there is a related forum on this /f/2368/t/128719.aspx you can see it here forums.xbox.com/.../128719.aspx

All Replies
    • Level   4

Please run a network test on your console and report back any errors. This will be the start - In MW3 on the left side right above Welcome to  Call of Duty it will provide your NAT status.

And the Nat could be the problem all together.

Banana? + mEouse? =
                Squirrl!

• Level   1

i did that & my nat type is open. this problem just started, ive always been able to play in a party online. untill yesterday. Thanks.

• Level   1

im having same issues man, let me know if you figure this out please. my nats open and just started last night that i cannot join anyones party. i can search and play with everyone else, but it wont let me join my friends games

• Level   1

yep, same thing, i will let ya kno. it sucks!

• Level   1

It might not be your NAT settings. If you're attempting to join a party hosted by someone else, it might be their settings, in which case they'd have to run a network test and change some settings on their routers.

• Level   1

Maybe check your NAT settings? One of you could have some how ended up as a closed NAT and that would affect it.

• Level   1

yeah, thanks. but they can join each other by invite or by sendin the invite & i cant do either. they cant accept mine & i cant join them.

• Level   1

I'm having the exact same problem. It only affects Mw3. I'm able to join parties in Black Ops and Mw2. Microsoft, Activision, Infinity Ward.. whoever.. Fix this ASAP. I didn't spend $60 + $50 for elite (which also isn't working lol) not to make use of them.

• Level   1

it's a joke i can connect to my mates all over the world but not the ones in the town wot a JOKE... IF THE UPDATE ON MW3 HAS MESSED MY CONSOLE UP I WILL WANT THE MONEY FOR THE GAME AND A NEW CONSOLE ACTIVSION YOUR CRAP!

• Level   1

yeah, this sucks! 2 days straight now & i can talk & play with my friends......

• Level   X

Quick question for all - Does this happen in all games, or just MW3?

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

Just Mw3. I was able to connect and be connected to in Black Ops and Mw2

• Level   1

yeah, just mw3. i tried other games too. it seems like maybe it started after i started to waste my time & space on that elite crap that didnt work....love everything about the game, i just want to be able to play with my friends. still wont work, just tried again.

• Level   1

For people who are having trouble connecting.

Are you participating in the dashboard beta?

I have been experiencing the same problem as above on my console that is registered for the beta, but on my other console I am able to connect and receive invites with no problem.

Xbox LIVE Ambassador | Xbox Enforcement United

• Level   1

Same issue here, cant join party nor jump in on session in progress, my friends cant join me nor accept my invites.