This question is answered

i cant join a party on MW3! why?!

• Level   1

tuesday night when mw3 came out, i all played online in a party with 6 people for about 5 hrs. the next  day when i got back on, it wouldnt let me join a party all day. i can play online, & talk in live party chat, but when i try to accept a game invite, or party invite it says cant connect to xbox live. WTH?! i cant join any games or partys either. can some one help me with this issue please. Thanks-DWE

Verified Answer
  • it's not you. this seems to be a problem with the game. infinity ward will hopefully put out a bugfix release soon with this and other issues patched.

there is a related forum on this /f/2368/t/128719.aspx you can see it here forums.xbox.com/.../128719.aspx

All Replies
    • Level   1

I'm having the same problem.  Never ever has this happened before.  

• it's not you. this seems to be a problem with the game. infinity ward will hopefully put out a bugfix release soon with this and other issues patched.

there is a related forum on this /f/2368/t/128719.aspx you can see it here forums.xbox.com/.../128719.aspx

• Level   1

well after talkin to yall, a couple few emails, a couple phone calls & being pissed off for 3 days, it fixed itself i guess! everything's good now! weird.....thanks guys.

• Level   1

well share how you fixed it then

• Level   1

I'm not a professional or anything but I suggest you to restart your xbox 360, the router and then run the Xbox live test after 10 seconds of the router restart. That's all I got to say, good luck!!

• Level   1

i didnt do anything, IT FIXED ITSELF, like i said. i had done all the obvious stuff the first day, like reset modem, router & xbox. i guess they got the bugs worked out.

• Level   1

Think it's Xbox live itself that's experiencing problems. Probs due to it being the first weekend for mw3. I can't join my friends party or join the games he's invited me to (gears 3 and Rage).  Xbox live will have had a major spike in simultaneous online players. Same *** happened with COD 4 MW when that first hit live.

Halo 3 Beta Xbox Live Beta Preveiw
    • Level   X

Hey all - if you are still experiencing this issue, can you confirm that your NAT is open, not strict or moderate, and that the party you are trying to join isn't private?

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

Unplug your xbox for 1 minute...plug it back in & turn on xbox...sign in...start MW3...a download should popup (about 4MB)...Download and play

• Level   1

I have this exact same issue, update is installed. I have my xbox as the DMZ so its completely open on my network. NAT is open. still not working!

• Level   1

i was ok till i installed elite. now cant get into a friends party in mw3 what so ever

• Level   1

I have the same problem as everyone else and have done all the suggested fixes and it hasn't worked. It worked fine the first 2-3days, now it is getting worse.

• Level   1

same here.... I did the XB update that was sent last night played a little ... with weird glitches during the game as well as some system weirdness afterwards. this morning i cant get online. My last xbox (360)had issues like this it crashed and never came-back after some random XB update trying to play mw2...wow this seems very suspect...lol after the announcement of a new Xbox on the way...hmmm same timing after my last 360 took a dive. the xbox slim was on the way as well...... We pay too much money for this type of thing to keep occurring only after having them so shortly.... I might have to see whats up with PS3 soon if i dont get back on soon!!

• Level   X

Hey guys, there are some known issues with ELITE currently. For those of you experiencing this issue, do you happen to have an ELITE subscription?

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

Happening to me to now. Just started tonight. This has to be fixed ASAP!  In was playing just fine like everyone else. Now I can't receive invites or messages and when I send an invite they can't join. Nat is open for all parties involved.  Just started today I'm raging.