This question is answered

Just bought Xbox LIVE GOLD but still says i'm Xbox live SILVER..

• Level   1

So yeah I just bought the one year xbox live gold for my xbox, and it whenever i try to connect to a game in battlefield it says i can't because my xbox live account doesn't have permission. On my dashboard it says that I'm still a Xbox FREE member, but on the website it says that I'm a gold member. Help please, I've been itching to play battlefield 3...

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I called (chat) xbox support yesterday and after an hour I got a support technician who told me that the 14 day XBOX LIVE GOLD code you get with the games you buy from stores do not have the full GOLD functionality.  Just limited GOLD features.  What a bummer.

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

xxWolfSoulxx, these forums work best when you create a new thread with a first post of your own, as the original poster's problem and solution, although similar, could be very different in detail. It's great that you're researching here, but the quickest path to a solution is your own thread.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

All Replies
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Depending on whether or not you entered the code on the website, it can take sometimes up to 24 hours for changes to be reflected on your xbox console side. Also, if you are a minor on the console and a parent set up the account, they have to enter permission for you to be a gold member or if you are a legal adult now and haven't changed your info on the console side, it may be blocking the gold access.

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there iAxe714 - it's likely been fixed for you already, but in the future if this happens, you can simply run the Network Connection Test, or Recover your Gamertag. Either one of those functions will sync your Gold status on your account with your console, and grant you access. :)

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

i am also having this problem, i used a 48hr free trial and nothing :(

• Level   X

Hey CBKO - did you try the steps listed above?

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

yes,but it stil wont appear :(

• Level   X

When did you use the code? I'm afraid the trial has likely expired at this point.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

Same happened to me. i redeemed the code on the xbox and when i clicked redeem code it said something about an error. it says on the xbox that my membership runs out in 3 months because i renewed it today. but its still saying im a silver member. Can someone help please?

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Shortah, judging by your profile it is saying that you are now a Gold Member.

• Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

Shortah, it can take a while for a gold membership to populate your account.  If it is still showing as silver you can speed up the process by going to System Settings on the dashboard.  Then Network.  Run a connection test and when it completes and you sign back in you should show as gold.

• Level   1

My gold member account has been fine for 3 months and all of a sudden It's showing FREE again!  Idk why.  But I can't play with multiple players :(

• Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

Check billing.microsoft.com to see which membership you added to your account.  I figure, if you are showing as silver, you only added a 3 month card.

• Level   1

That just happened to me

• Level   S

Hey FLeX Charisma! For help on this issue, can you please create your own thread in this forum? Make sure to detail your experience and any steps you've already tried! We'd be happy to help you sort through this there. Thank you in advance! :)

• Level   1

thanks this really helped

• Level   1

Thanks Miss Portia, I was having the same problem but I just ran the network test and it's working now.

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you!" - Jack Bauer