This question has suggested answer(s)

error code 80151901,what does it mean,need help,

• Level   1

All Replies
    • Level   X

Hey there Charlie,

Sorry to hear you're getting that error code.

It would really help us if you could give a little detail on what you were doing when the error occurred.

I have seen that error code associated with corrupt profiles in the past, you may want to try these steps:

Let us know and we'll work with you from there.

• Level   5

Greetings Charlie8sudds!

Can you please run a connection test to Xbox LIVE and let us know if this test fails to connect. And if so, where does your connection to Xbox LIVE fails to connect? To perform a connection test!

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (center X button on your controller).
    2. Go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
    3. Select Network Settings.
    4. Select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so).
    5. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Thank you!

Unit A ₪ 

• Level   1

I can't connect IP address error. And that form did't help none of my profiles can sign in

• Level   1

I just got this error myself. I tested my connection and it said I could not connect to the router IP.

Since no clear answer has been given yet, I followed what Taidara listed and it worked. I was able to connect to my router and xbox live.

• Level   1

I am having tha same issue when I try to sign in. However after I run the connection test it lets me sign in. Gets really annoying.

• Level   X

Hi there CrazyEmo,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this as well.

If the steps taidara and I have listed above don't help resolve this, please go ahead and create a new thread detailing your situation along with any error codes/messages you see and the troubleshooting steps you've taken so that we can tailor support to your particular needs.

• Level   1

Think this might be a early Beta issue.

• Level   1

My 360 is getting the same code 80151901 and every time I reset my router I still cannot connect. Here is the error status report

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 4000 - 1001

Y: 0000 - 0000

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID 0001 - 0007

L: 0015 - 10F1

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wired

A: 169.254.70.24/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

• Level   X

Hey there Obsidion,

Sorry to hear the steps in this thread weren't able to help resolve your issue.

Please go ahead and create a new thread detailing your situation along with the error code and the troubleshooting steps that you've taken. This helps us tailor support to your particular needs and keep the forums organized.

Please make sure to include all of this information:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? 
    Modem brand & model number: 
    Router brand & model number: 
    If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
    Things you have tried: 
    Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
    Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?
    Any Error Codes you encounter: 
    Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? 
    After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
    W:
    X:
    Y:
    Z:
    ID:
    L:
    Q:
    T:
    D:
    S:
    C:

From what you linked it looks like a DHCP error but that information will help us confirm that and decide on the best troubleshooting options. 

• Level   1

I was able to fix this error by using a suggestion I heard. Turn off your router for 30 seconds then turn it back on. Worked for me.

• Level   1

All I did was test connecting and signed in good as new

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

The Xbox is just like a computer.  When you get an IP address that starts with a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address this means there is either an internal or external error.  In this case you need to reset your hard wired connections by shutting off/unplugging your router(S) and starting them back up.  wait a few minutes, check your network profile and be sure it is on automatic, and test the network connection again.  if this is not resolved contact Xbox on the support page or an ambassador.They may be able to help you further.

If this is a wireless issue try the same troubleshooting and be sure all settings are automatic on your network profile.

• Level   1

i have the same problem, plz need help, i clean cache 3 times, delete my profile, but now i cant download my profile again '-'

• Level   S

Hey there BaR4tA! If you haven't already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far to resolve it. That is how these forums work best as it allows us to tailor our support to you specifically.

We'll be standing by to assist in that new thread. ^_^

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!

• Level   1

You know, I find it dumb that I get this same error code, I do everything I can to get it to work, nothing gets it to work. But then when I get on my PS3, boom. It works perfectly. Why can't Microsoft just come out and tell the truth about this error code? Because it is really starting to make me dislike this company -__-