This question is not answered

Keep getting kicked off Xbox live

• Level   1
What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA Ohio Cincinnati Modem brand & model number: Router brand & model number: netgear n700 Network Connection Type: Wireless If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? None If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Black Things you have tried: Reset modem/router, restarted xbox, test connection, switched to white adapter Is UPnP Enabled? Yes Is NAT Type Open? Yes Any Error Codes you encounter:  What type of internet do you have? Cable Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Time Warner After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? No error message This happened out of nowhere, last night and every other night I've been playing without interruptions but for some reason today I have been getting disconnected repeatedly sometimes within a minute of signing on. After I get disconnected it connects me again right away and no error message appears when I test connection. While watching Netflix it will not kick me off only when I am playing Modern Warfare 3. Any suggestions?
All Replies
    • Level   1

Same thing has been happening to me.  Only while playing MW3 do I get logged off.  Most of the time I can immediately log back on, but there have been times I cannot.  I've had game since day 1 and only recently has this started.

• Level   X

Hey there - does this happen at a specific time? Are you still having this issue now?

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

me too but mine wont restart right away, and it can only be on for about 15-20 mins

• Level   X

Hey Megatron! Have you tried downloading your profile to your console again? This may resolve you issue.

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

i have the  same problem i have opend all the ports and set a static ip adress it dont make any difrence i am getin p of with it i have also tryed 3 difrent routers  phoned my internet provider  sky and changed setings and still no resolv  HELP

• Level   1

I'm having the same exact problem. I cant seem to stay connected for more than 5 minutes unless im in a actual match.

For example, I'm playing MW3 and during the actual play time (TDM, Sabotage, Kill confirmed etc) ill be ok. Same if i stay in the lobby while the next game starts. But as soon as I leave im disconnected. If I use netflix...disconnected...turn on espn, same thing.

I'm on a wireless router. So I unplugged for 15 seconds and pluged it back in. Reset the connection settings to default and nothing seems to be helping. What else can I do??

• Level   X

Hey guys, if you would like assistance with your connection issue, please create your own thread in which you answer these bold questions. That will allow us to provide the best support possible. :-)

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

It might be You're Internet Modem or in You're Phone lines

I had to get My Phone Company come out he replaced the Internet Modem and it Stop...

and if you are playing a game like Black Ops and you lose host it is because someone QUIT