This question has suggested answer(s)

Error in Retrieving My Profile!!

• Level   2

I downloaded the new update yesterday, it installed fine, I was being prompted to either enable or disable my password being needed everytime I would sign in, neither option would do anything and I would just sit on the dashboard not being able to connect to Live, I decided to delete my system cache and try, still the same, I then decided to delete my profile and to try and recover it, when I do this I input my windows live ID fine, I input my password fine, I get the small box saying hello Bryzor, downloading profile, gets about a third of the way through and says "Sorry XBOX Live profiles cannot be downloaded right now 80090304"

Please can anyone shed any light on how I can get my profile back?

I have tested my connection on my console and everything passes fine.

All Replies
    • Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Bryzor - are you still having this issue? If so, can you try re-downloading again at this time?

• Level   1

I am also having this issue and i cannot successfully download it.

• Level   1

I am also having this same issue. haven't been able to download my profile for two days now.  Some help would be great

• Level   2

I too have started having this problem.  It began with cloud storage not working randomly. After troubleshooting it for some time I had come to the incorrect conclusion that the hard drive was dying. After formatting the drive and trying to recover my profile, this same error is displayed for me. The error is displayed when the profile download is about 25% finished. It says

"Sorry, XBOX Live profiles can't be downloaded right now.

80090304"

Some help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Level   1

Exactly the same problem as Un1bomber1, have tried both wired and wireless on 2 different broadband connections (sky and BT infinity) Becoming really annoying now.

• Level   2

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I should add that I also tried downloading my profile to a 4gb thumb drive configured for the xbox, in order to rule out hard drive issues, and I received the same error at exactly the same spot. 80090304 when the download progress is about 25%

• Level   2

Again, sorry guys, but I've discovered the root cause of my particular problem. it is an internet filter.

I go to college and I'm trying to use my xbox on campus internet. The campus has a MAC authorization system so that each MAC address (hence each computer) must log in via an HTML log-in page and it stays authenticated for a few weeks until one must authenticate again.

In order to get around this I spoofed the MAC address on my desktop (a mac mini, so rather easy with terminal), logged into the campus internet connection, then reverted my MAC address on my desktop to its original and logged in again.

On the xbox you can specify an alternate MAC address, I simply set this to the spoofed address I mentioned earlier. This seemed to work for a few days, and then the problem I mentioned in the previous posts began to happen. I'm guessing the filter caught on to my shenanigans.

To check this, I connected my desktop to my phone's internet via wifi tethering and shared the connection with my xbox via ethernet. Lo and behold, the errors are gone, and Live works perfectly again.

I know this doesn't necessarily help any of you other guys, but It may be a start.

• Level   X

Thanks for the update Un1bomber1! :)

• Level   2

I asked a gamer in the Ambassador chat to try Un1bomber1 temp solution and it worked. For how long...I am not sure either.

• Level   2

I'm currently having the same problem with "Sorry Xbox LIVE profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later.

80072741"

Any suggestions or Solutions would be appreciated.

• Level   2

Hey Bret, since no one else in this thread has listed that error code, I recommend creating your own thread with a full description of the issue you're experiencing, and what you've tried so far. :-)

• Level   2

Will do, thank you

• Level   1

i am at university on their servers and it doesnt let me do much because its strict NAT type here, so i told my brother recover my gamertag at home and buy the live offer than ill recover it back so he did and now it wont let me it says profiles cannot be downloaded error 80090304. at first i had a different error but i went on to login live.com and changed my password and now it gives me this error. ive restarted xbox, cleared cache multiple times theres nothing more i can do. this happened before in the past but i just kept on trying over and over and it eventually worked but this time its not having any of it. JUST bought 6 months live too. i think most people have this problem because of their NAT type but it worked before the new dashboard now all i can think of is taking my xbox home just to recover my gamertag and coming back.

• Level   1

exact same problem here.

• Level   1

same problem here, some times it works some times it does'nt.