This question has suggested answer(s)

"Can't connect to Xbox LIVE Party. There MAY be network problems."

• Level   1

thats the message i get when trying to connect to an XBL Party with a friend. real helpful.

i went through all of microsofts trouble shooting steps: reseting my console network info, unplugging/plugging back in my modem/router/console, my NAT is open and so is his AND all the Forward Ports are already on my PC. i can connect to XBL and the apps. NO PROBLEM, but when it comes to joining a party, i cant do it, but im pretty sure he can connect to any other friend, just not me. awesome, this is so stupid.

the kinect ui just came out, so maybe its a ui bug, because this was never a problem until the update.

is anyone else having/had this issue? if so, what fixed it?

All Replies
    • Level   1

I'm having the same exact problem with one of my friends, but we've both tried everything I've read too and nothing has worked.

• Level   1

thats too bad to hear. if you find out and answer on here, be sure to shoot me a message :)

• Level   7

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

• Level   1

What Country/State/Province do you live in? U.S., Louisiana

Modem brand & model number: Arris - WBM760A

Router brand & model number: Belkin Surf N300 - F7D6301

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal, Xbox 360S

Things you have tried: everything the trouble-shooting  advised

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No

Any Error Codes you encounter: No error codes

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Suddenlink

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 48E0

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.2.1 0.0.0.0

S: WPA2

C: 5

• Level   7
    • Suggested Answer

Can you try to setup your router/xbox as per this guide:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../62-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate

• Level   1

I have the same problem. I have my Xbox for 1 week now but I can't play together with friends.I can't join a party. even if I get an invite and I accept the invite it says Failed to connect. sometimes after trying several times I can join the server from the invite. I have a open NAT I think because the XBOX doesn´t give me an error of NAT strict.

Modem brand & model number: THOMSON speedtouch ST706

Router brand & model number: Sitecom WL-611

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? internal

Things you have tried: I´ve had an strict NAT but I used the uPnP function on my router. now the Strict NAT is gone but I still can´t join partys

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? No, not anymore --> strange is that when I use a manual IP for my Xbox I get a strict NAT. but not when I use a Dynamic IP.

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? online.nl (The Netherlands)

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000-0021

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015-10F0

Q:0015-10F1

T: Wireless

A:192.168.0.1

D:192.168.0.1, 0.0.0.0

N: Sitecom67346C

S: WPA2

C: 11

sorry for my bad english. I hope somebody can help me!

• Level   1

I am having the same issue all of a sudden. Nothing has changed with my router or network configuration. Has anyone heard of a solution to this?

• Level   X

Hey Admiral and alpha, can you guys please create your own thread to receive official support? :-) Thank you!

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem xbox live party worked like 3-4 days ago now it won't work and it's pissing me off.

• Level   1

if you guys can play games online then you guys are lucky,apps work fine,XBP fails to connect everytime and apparently all game servers are constantly updating.

• Level   S

Hey there Sarah and Chinee! For best help in the Support Forums, please refer to our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) for basics, and then create your own thread in this forum with the answers to the bold questions in the guide. Thanks!