This question is answered

Can't connect to XBL after i connect to Windows Live on my PC

• Level   1

I can work around this by resetting my router, but shouldn't have to ....and i can't figure out /...here is the full scenario

I'm connected to XBL, as usual, playing games or whatever...i shut off the xbox, to play Microsoft Flight, as i launch the game, i log into Windows Live and play, as normal....but once i close out of windows live....i then NEED to restart my router or i cannot connect to XBL on my xbox...

what a strange annoying problem.

ports are open, both on wired connection, have tried a direct modem connection..ect...been doing this a long time, haven't seen anything like it...i don't understand it.

maybe microsoft is blocking my account from logging on to Live because the sessions are too close together? i have no clue.

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

yeah, do you think the router is the problem?

i've had it for like 2 years, and never had a problem...then when i got the new call of duty game, it would randomly switch between NAT Open and NAT Moderate.,,and NAT Strict...with no warning. the only way i got it to stay open was either resetting the router and xboxlive settings, or eventually, figuring out that port forward would keep it open at all times. so i did that and haven't had a problem since.

All Replies
    • Level   5

Hey there Milk!
    Never heard of such a problem. And never heard of something like a time session between login's. When you try sign in to Xbox LIVE do you receive an error code? Are you able to connect to Xbox LIVE if you "Test Xbox LIVE connection."

Make sure you have the latest update for your router. Go to manufactures website and download the latest firmware.

Unplug modem and all other devices connected to your router. With router still connected, reset router by holding the "reset" button for 30 seconds. Plug in modem and wait 2 minutes before reconnect the router. Login to your router and make sure UPnP is enabled. 

Clear Xbox system cache:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache  

Restore your Xbox network settings to factory settings.

• Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    • Select Network Settings.
    • Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
    • Select Configure Network.
    • On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults    

Try delete your profile (profile only) and download your profile.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/profile-move-delete

Post back and let us know if it solved anything.

Thanks!

Unit A ₪ 

• Level   1

yes upnp is enabled, and i've done all of that except the profile delete, i'll try that next...

the error i get on the test screen shows everything connected (network, internet, etc///) but i get a red x on the "xbox live" part

• Level   S

Let us know how that test goes Milk. If you are still unable to connect to LIVE though, please also post back with the answers to the bold questions found in this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx). Thanks!

• Level   1

ok still no luck, i actually had trouble finding this thread again, lol...so i'm a few days behind, anyways...heres the scoop

What Country/State/Province do you live in?   USA

Modem brand & model number:  CISCO; DCP3010

Router brand & model number: Belkin N300; F7d6301

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? not wireless

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No, Open

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Charter Communications

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W  000-000B:

X: 000-000D

Y: 30a8-4800

Z: 000-0000

ID: 0006-0000

L:8015-190E

Q:8007-0435

T: WIRED

D:4.2.2.2/4.2.2.1

S:

C:

Network: Connected

Internet; Connected

XBOX Live: Failed

So to recap.....i can connect to Windows Live as many times as i want, anytime with no issues....but as soon as i turn on my xbox, it will not connect to XBL until i log into my router and reset it....

• Level   1

anyone?

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hello Milk! The info you gave us indicates that you might have luck in re-downloading your profile onto your console. Can you please give that a shot and let us know if it helps? Thanks! :) forums.xbox.com/.../153143.aspx

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

ok ill try that in the morning and get back on here.....i wont have to re-d/l all my content, like arcade games, and  DLC...etc?

• Level   7

Hi

You say you are using UPnP and have ports forwarded is that right? As you should not use both, plus you have two devices to forward the ports too which won't work right

• Level   1

yeah, i had been experimenting with my router, trying to open and remove the ports, trying UPnP, thought i'd throw crap at the wall and see what sticks... unfortunately,  nothing has worked, including downloading the profile :(

• Level   7

I'll be honest, Belkin routers can be very problematic when it comes to Xbox live in my experience. Sometimes you have to put the Xbox in the DMZ as the only fix

Ensure you are running the latest firmware and try turning off portforwarding and stick with UPnP, if that doesn't work try using a DMZ www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../62-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate

• Level   7

I do yes, Belkins are poor when it comes to Xbox Live in my experience

• Level   5

Hey there Milk!

Milk Money360
    figuring out that port forward would keep it open at all times. so i did that and haven't had a problem since.

Glad to here that this did resolve your issue. Hope that it will keep you connected to LIVE without any further issues.

Unit A ₪