This question has suggested answer(s)

Random disconnects and other issues

• Level   1

Hi all

since the latest updates my 360 elite has developed some rather annoying traits.

Im getting randomly dicsonnected sometimes after a few minutes sometimes after an hour.

Im in orange uk broadband service running a download speed of around 800kb/s and has never done this before. I have no other connection issues with either my hard wired desktop, laptop or the 3 different mobiles in the house. Before you ask no they are not all on at once, usually just the laptop and one of the phones. Its not my connection because it signs straight back in with no issues.

The xbox is hard wired in to my netgear wireless n router and as i said has worked fine before.

Also my xbox is slooowww. It takes ages to sign in when it used to be quick as a flash and it takes forever to load up everything on the dashboard (thanks to all the crappy ads on my windows phone sorrry xbox that i now have to put up with) and everything just takes forever. ive cleared memory etc etc and nothing works.

Am i just doomed with this new crappy dashboard that doesnt update my friends (shows they are online when they have been off for hours!!!) or is there some sort of light at the end of the tunnel.

Really not at all happy with microsoft right now and seriously considering getting a ps3 instead.

p.s did i mention the new dashboard sux bum

So come on xbox lets get a solution cos i know im not the only one with these problems!

[url=http://raptr.com/xXDragon666Xx?src=em_all]

All Replies
    • Level   1

A lot of people are having similar disconnection problems. The only thing I can suggest is the things I've already tried:

1. Clear your System Cache

2. Delete (Profile-Only) and redownload your Xbox Profile

3. Reset your Network settings

4. Add your Xbox's IP/MAC address to your router's DMZ setting (this puts it outside the routers firewall and exposes all ports)

• Level   1

Make sure your xbox is not over heating, this can somtimes cause connection problems. It did for me so I moved my xbox and now it works fine.

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there dragon - thank you for your post. One thing I'm curious about in your post is the laggy performance you say you experience on the Dashboard itself. Do you notice anything like this when your connection disabled? Also, in order for us to best help you, can you review the Start Here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and let us know the information it requests in the bolded section? Thanks! :)

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

What Country/State/Province do you live in?-- Pembrokeshire, south wales, uk

Modem brand & model number: elite 120gb

Router brand & model number: netgear wireless n

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? n/a

Things you have tried: everything

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown - yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? n/a

Any Error Codes you encounter: n/a

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  orange uk

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.) n/a

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection at all, all my other devices wired or wireless work fine. Im trying to watch a show on crackle and it lasts about 5 mins before i get disconnected. I immidiately run a network connection test and no issues goes straight through. It takes forever to load anything either signed in to my account or not. And its all got worse since the last update. You lot actually gonna tell us whats wrong or are you going to do the usual and blame everything else but you! I know im not the only one with these issues and we are all on different networks & consoles all over the world there is one common denominator and its you. Seriously getting miffed with microsoft now very high chance im not renewing my subscription because its steadily getting worse.

Oh and p.s my brother is in the same county running a 360s on bt broadband homehub 2 and having exactly the same problem.

• Level   X

Hey Dragon - I can certainly understand your frustration. However, we do need those codes that you would see when pressing "Y" at the completion of the network connection test. Can you provide those results? That will help us see what your console is seeing, connection wise. Thanks :)

• Level   1

I did the network test straight after i disconnected, i was in a game it disconnected, i went back to dash board it reconnected on its own, on the way to the test page it disconnected again before i got to the having to sign out point this is the test result.

Network-connected

Internet - connected

Xboxlive - connected

Service - up

Marketplace- up

Accounts - up

Matchmaking -up

W:0000-000B

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:8015-1004

Q:8015-1004

T:WIRED

D:192.168.0.5/255.255.255.0

S:192.168.0.1

C:192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

• Level   1

6 days and no response??

• Level   X

Hello Dragon - I do apologize, it looks like this post was missed! :( I'm not seeing anything in particular with the status codes that you've provided that would indicate a problem. I would be interested in seeing what would occur if you set your console's DNS settings to other public DNS servers. Can you manually set both of those settings to any of these addresses? 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2, 4.2.2.3, 4.2.2.4 . Just make sure you use two different ones. Let us know if this helps!

• Level   1

been testing for a few days still the same now what?

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, xX dragon666 Xx. Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. Have you noticed whether the dashboard behaves slowly when disconnected? Does this issue occur when wired directly to the modem? You may also want to try re-downloading your profile like nef suggested by following the steps listed here: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete.

I also noticed that your upload speed is about a third of a mbs. I would recommend having at least 1mbs. It seems like you didn't have this issue previously. Did you happen to connection speed previous to this issue? If so, was the upload speed about the same?

Thanks in advance! Let me know if you have any further questions. :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   3

Hi xX dragon666 Xx, if you have the setting available to change in your router have you tried disabling UPnP? I had a similar issue and since disabling UPnP have had no random disconnections since.

• Level   1

@mr darcy internet connection has changed speed as far as im aware.

will retry profile download, xbox permanently wired to modem always.

@digitalburnout have disabled upnp will let u know

• Level   X

Sounds good - we'll look for that update. :)

• Level   1

sorry meant to say internet speed hasnt changed.

Disabled upnp seems to have made matters worse it was disconnecting once or twice but now is doing a lot more.

Will re enable see if that makes a difference again. Then will try full system clear out and see what happens

• Level   1

ok cache cleared, profile redownloaded, xbox seems to be running a tad faster but not what it was before. Disconnect issue still present