This question is not answered

Xbox can connect to the internet but not xbox live

• Level   2

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Italy
Modem brand & model number:  Technicolor TG582n
Router brand & model number: D-link Dir-655
Network Connection Type: Wireless
Things you have tried: everything: Opened the needed ports on both the modem and the router, rebooted both the modem and the router, tried the wired connection, rebooted the console.
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter:

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 30A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: 0006 - 0000

L: 8015 - 1000

Q: 8007 - 0435

What type of internet do you have? DSL
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Fastweb
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? The console is connected to the Internet but can't contact Xbox Live.

All Replies
    • Level   1

Hello, have you tried phoning microsoft or plugging your xbox into the modem with a ethernet cable?

• Level   2

It seems to have problem connecting to media center and in the video app it doesn't load up the movie list in my pc. Now I can't play online, I can't connect to my pc to wach movies/listen to my music...  Are they gonna make a hotfix? This update messed everything up.

• Level   1

the best i can do is just ask you to phone microsoft, other than that I cant help you :( sorry.

• Level   2

Ok it looks like if I connect the xbox directly to the modem with an ethernet cable it  works. I didn't change anything on the router, It worked before the update... What should I do?

• Level   1

does the wireless connection work now? if not contact microsoft

• Level   2

The Wi-fi is enabled on the router (not the modem) but, no matter if i go wired o wireless, whenever I connect the xbox to the router it doesn't connect to xbox live. I contacted microsoft and they told me to do the usual things (reboot modem, clear cache blablabla)

• Level   2

It's suddently working wtf?

• Level   1

i keep have the same problems, but i'm using a wired connection, sometimes it connects then later it d/cs

• Level   2

doesn't work again....

• Level   1

y

• Level   1

how about you turn your xbox and your computer off and modern off and see if that will work

• Level   2

didn't work. I mean this problem seems to be completely random (connecting the xbox directly to the modem work but since my whole network is on the router I want to get this thing fixed, everything worked fine before the messy update)

• Level   2

Hey Knight, sorry to hear about the connection issues! Based on your post, I'm curious if you've tried restoring your Xbox 360 console's network settings to factory default. If not, can you please try now, by following these steps? :-) Let us know how it goes!

• Go to the Settings hub.
    • Select System.
    • Select Network Settings
    • Select your network. 
    • Choose Configure Network Settings.
    • Scroll to the Additional Settings tab.
    • Choose Restore to factory defaults

• Level   2

Didn't work. I even tried automatic settings, manual settings (with the right values obviously), I still get the same issue with the same error codes:

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 30A8 - 4840

EDIT: Thanks for the replies I hope we figure this out because it's driving me crazy....

• Level   1

InvisibleKnight hi try deleting your account and then download it again it worked for me before.

Hope  this works