This question is answered

Wifi in hotel room

• Level   1

I can't connect to xbox live in a hotel. Their wifi has a username and password. I can connect to the network but the network to internet connection is failed. How do you configure so that when the network to internet part comes, it automatically enters username and password?

Verified Answer
  • Quite a few hotels, cafe's and other Wifi Hot-spots tend use a web page guest system to log in.  If this is the case here I'm afraid you'll be out of luck as the Xbox 360 doesn't have a web browser.  If you had a laptop, you could use a bridged connection from the laptop to the Xbox to connect it online.  If you don't have a laptop and there is no wired alternative, it won't be possible to go onlline, sorry.

Got a question? Just ask. 
  • If the OP used a wireless bridge with a laptop, both the PC and the Xbox will be able to go online at the same time.  The wireless network would still only see one machine, the PC would act as a go-between the two systems.

All Replies
    • Level   V

You have to know the username/password to get access.  Call the front desk and see if they can give it to you.  When you attempt to connect it will ask for that information only once for that network.

• Level   1

I have the user name and password but i think that it is to connect to the internet. When you click "configure network" it automatically enters the IP settings and DNS settings. You go to the tab for additional settings and I think that is where you enter username and password but when you do, the IP settings and DNS settings go away.

• Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

The internet service will have been given a name by the hotel so they can recognize it in amongst the other wifi services out there (sometimes the name can be hidden to prevent others from seeing it).  Get the name of the wifi that the hotel supplies and add it to the wifi connection list.  Or another option would be to ask the hotel if you can connect it via ethernet cable to save yourself the trouble.

• Quite a few hotels, cafe's and other Wifi Hot-spots tend use a web page guest system to log in.  If this is the case here I'm afraid you'll be out of luck as the Xbox 360 doesn't have a web browser.  If you had a laptop, you could use a bridged connection from the laptop to the Xbox to connect it online.  If you don't have a laptop and there is no wired alternative, it won't be possible to go onlline, sorry.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

You may be able to connect on a laptop or other computer, enter your password there, then set your xbox up to use the same MAC address as your laptop. Should be an option in advanced network configuration. Note - you won't be able to use both the laptop and the xbox at the same time.

• Level   1

^ This post aboe, is the answer.

• If the OP used a wireless bridge with a laptop, both the PC and the Xbox will be able to go online at the same time.  The wireless network would still only see one machine, the PC would act as a go-between the two systems.