This question is answered

I keep on getting disconnected.

• Level   1

Just like many people, I keep on getting disconnected from Xbox Live every 10 to 20 minutes. My internet is fine, it's just I just get disconnected from Xbox Live and have to wait a couple of minutes just to sign in, then I'll get disconnected, etc.

Even when I'm not playing multiplayer, I'll get disconnected. I was playing the single player of The Darkness II, and I'll get disconnected. I just recently got a new TV and switched my Xbox 360 onto the new TV. So, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Connection was fine before, now all of sudden since I switched my Xbox 360 over to a new TV, I keep getting disconnected. wtf. So, can please anyone help me, this is getting really annoying.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Ontario, Canada
Modem brand & model number:
  SMCD3GN (It's one of Rogers' modems)
Router brand & model number:
  The same as modem number. It's a modem and router in one
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
I have the Xbox 360 Slim.
Things you have tried:
I tried network tests, but everytime I get back in game, the disconnection problems continue.
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
I'm not sure.
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?
I have no NAT error.
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
Nope.
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?
Rogers Communications.
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 20A8-4840
Z: 0000-0000
ID: FFFF-FFFF
L: 0015-10F0
Q: 8007-0435
T: Wireless
S: WPA
C: 9

Verified Answer
  • Hey there Mat! Can you try connecting to the modem with an ethernet cable? This will help narrow down the issue to just a wireless problem, or a network problem in general. If the wired connection works, try resetting your console's network settings and then setting up the wireless network again from scratch.

Also, since you mention games being laggy, can you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there Mat!  Apologies about the disconnecting issues that your having!  Thank you for reviewing and posting that helpful information as well!  Could you try to re-download your profile to your Xbox and see if that helps?   Let us know what happens!  Thank you! :)

• Level   1

Okay. I just re-downloaded my profile and I think it may have made things worse.

After re-downloading my profile I put Call of Duty : MW 3 in and there was an update.. I got on error code..

397F-0000-D080-0200-8000-4004

After reconnecting, I finally got in and tried some multiplayer matches. The games were extremely laggy. It's never been like this. So I checked my connection on Xbox Live and it shows only ONE bar on my network status. I just don't understand. I moved my Xbox 360 Slim onto a new TV and all of sudden I'm having these problems. It was fine before. Is it the modem?, I just don't understand...

What do I do now??

• Level   1

I don't think I could do the ethernet cable because my computer is upstairs while my Xbox 360 is downstairs. It's pretty far apart. I'll try resetting my network setting but I think I've done it before. Where I disconnect from my wireless network and scan for it again. It's still disconnects me when I'm playing a game.

Here is the test results... Is everything good??

I just want everything to go back to normal. My connection was fine before I switched my Xbox 360 slim over to a new TV.

1883427664.png

• Level   1

What do I do next?

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey Mat, I just read over this thread. So, it sounds like the issue wasn't occurring before switching to this new TV, correct? I'm curious, was your old TV in the same room, or was it closer to the modem? I can see you're trying to connect wirelessly, and it's possible that if you changed to a room farther from the modem, the issue may be due to a weaker signal, or signal interference. Please let me know, and we'll go from there.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

Yes, this issue wasn't occurring before switching to my new TV. Everything was fine, but now I just randomly get disconnected when playing.

My old TV was in the same room. The Xbox 360 is still in the exact same spot just hooked up with a new TV. I don't understand how that can cause these problems.

What do I do next??

• Level   1

Did you try restarting the modem that might help mostly helps for me and you should try to see if you can turn you wireless on your xbox on and off maybe those are just simple ways without getting to complicated

• Level   1

Did you get a new house phone or anything wireless? Does the new tv have wireless with Internet apps? If so they could be interfering with the wireless connection. If so turn off the wireless on the new tv.

Also Mister Gwyster what you are asking is not probable for most people. Also by connecting it straight to the modem you are opening it up for incoming hacks.

• Level   1

@XxadamxX0001 How do I restart my modem??

@Chris610000 No, I didn't get a new house phone or anything wireless. Got a new TV and switched my Xbox 360 to it. In the same room and the same spot. I did also get a HDMI cable for the 360. But I doubt that is affecting anything.

I'm not sure if the TV has wireless with Internet apps.. Also, how would I be able to turn off the wireless on my new TV??

I just don't understand how I switched my 360 to a new TV and all of a sudden get these problems. My brother has a PS3 and his connection seems to be fine. So, I doubt it's the modem.

• Level   1

??

• Level   1

Well the majority of tvs coming out today have Internet apps and some have built in wireless some you have to buy the wireless adapter for the tv. Since that is the only thing that changed, it's my suspicion that it's the tv, but it should be an easy fix if it is. Go ahead and give me the make and model and any other information on the tv and I'll Google it and see if it does. Or you could check the manual for the tv. If it does have wireless it should tell you how to disable it.

One more question. Did your brother just get his ps3 when you got your tv? If the ps3 is connected by wireless and he got it around the same time you started having issues then it could be the culprit.

• Level   1

Alright.

It's a LG 32" 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV (32LK330)... I also bought it at BestBuy.ca

No, my brother has had his PS3 for years. He does use wireless like me but his connection is fine and is not getting disconnected.

Also, when I check my wireless status (the connection bars) It's always at 1 or 2. It should be at 3 or 4, right?? Why is it so low??

• Level   X

How is your console connect to the TV, Mat? Is it using HDMI or another type of connection? If HDMI, can you try composite or component and let us know if the behavior changes at all?

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

Yes. I am using just HDMI.

I just played Darksiders and did not get disconnected once. I played for probably 3 hours and did not get randomly disconnected like I have before. These problems started occurring 2 weeks ago when I bought my new TV and I was playing The Darkness II. I don't know if maybe it was something to do with the game?? I'll continue playing Darksiders and if I get randomly disconnected I'll try using composite or component like you suggested. For now I'm not sure if it's an HDMI problem or it has something to do with the game. I doubt it's the modem because my brother who has a PS3 doesn't get disconnected. The connections bars are really low (Their at 1 or 2).