This question has suggested answer(s)

Connected to Internet/Can't Connect to Xbox Live

• Level   2

What Country/State/Province do you live in? New Jersey, USA
Modem brand & model number:  Unsure, whatever Comcast gives you.
Router brand & model number: Linksys E2500
Things you have tried: Restarting modem, restarting router, reseting to factory defaults, etc.
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: Can't Connect to Xbox Live
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comcast
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0001 - 8005
Y: 30A8 - 4800
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF
L: 8015 - 190E
Q: 8007 - 0435
T: Wired
D: 
S:
C:

(I Get A: G: D: instead which is my xbox  gateway/domain etc, nothing important its the same as always.)

All Replies
    • Level   2

Hi EaglesX43, sorry to hear you are having problems connecting to xbox live.

Looking at the answers you have given above have you tried disabling UPnP? I had a similar situation and I found that after disabling UPnP have had no random disconnects since.

• Level   2

I now can get connected to Xbox Live but its complicated. When I turn my xbox on it says I can't connect to xbox live. So I go run the test and then after all that I can sign in and connect to xbox live.

• Level   8

Hi,

Is your Xbox ip address set to auto or is it manually configured?

• Level   2

Do you also have a setting on your modem where you can specify connection mode ie. Auto, Manual, Always on?

• Level   2

My xbox IP is manual so I can open my ports.

And @Digitalburnout i'm not sure what you mean. My modem is always on and it always accepts my xbox into the network.

• Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

The manual ip address will be the problem, it happens sometimes. Set it to auto and use DHCP Reservation on your router and reserve the ip address  you want based on the Xbox mac address www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../61-where-do-i-find-my-xbox-mac-address

It will achieve the same thing but hopefully stop you having to test each time