This question is not answered

Cant join 2 of my friends xbox live games or parties.

• Level   1

I am going to try and explain everything in fullest detail as possible, so i can get this fixed.   Alright i have 2 particular friends i cant join games or parties with, (inless there is someone else in the party, if that person leaves, we disconnect from each other)  I have done connection tests, doesnt show an error, black ops says i have an open nat, both of those friends have done connection tests and everything is working, they have an open nat, we live close together, all within 10 miles of each other, same internet provider.  My setup is a modem ( speedtouch st546 v6, made by thomson)  then its hooked up to our router (netgear wndr4000)  I also have a linksys wrt54g we had before we upgraded and even when using that one i cant connect to those 2 friends.  Funny thing is i used to beable to connect to them a few months ago.  A while back our old speedtouch 516, thomson fried, we upgraded to the one above, but even when we upgraded it worked.  I have no clue what is going on! there is so many answers and i want to game a lot this summer with those friends.  Please help, very desperate!

All Replies
    • Level   8

xxDevin 115xx, just because an In-Game Network Reports you have an Open NAT Setting does not make this true or correct. You will need to run an Xbox LIVE Test from your Dashboard and follow the Steps in this Link.

Post back when you have results.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   5

Even though the game says you have an open NAT, you could still have a moderate setting. One of my friends has the same issue. My suggestion is to connect directly to your modem and see if that clears it up. If so, then the issue with your router. You could DMZ your 360's IP, enable UPnP, or open the proper ports towards your 360. Either one of those should work, just don't do more than one. Be sure that after setting one to reset your console for it take effect. Sometimes, you may even need to restart the PC as well. I hope this helps, though if you have more questions, feel free to ask.

It's not enough for people to just live. They have to live for something.

• Level   7

Hi, who is your ISP? Internet Service Provider

TDS?

• Level   1

it is

Garden valley telephone company, ( they also have internet and a bunch of other stuff)

• Level   1

It will be hard to hook only to my modem but i will try

• Level   1

Update!  I hooked my xbox up straight to my modem, and it says i have a moderate nat.  how do i change the settings in my modem? ( the model is in the First post)

• Level   7

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../59-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate

Although if you go back to connecting the Xbox to the router you are going to have issues

• Level   1

i will be going back to the router cuz im not gunna have my xbox not in my room.   Btw, none of those things to go to my modem work.

• Level   7

Can you try this? www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../59-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate

Its very similar to your router, although the problem is really the Speedtouch even if you get it working direct to the Speedtouch it won't work when you are connected to the router, you can't bridge Speedtouches . Is it not possible to replace the Speedtouch with a wireless router, do you need two devices?

• Level   1

idk if i need 2 devices?

• Level   7

What I mean is why did you buy the Netgear was it because you wanted wireless connectivity? If so you would be better off replacing the Speedtouch with a wireless modem/router instead

Did your ISP supply the Speedtouch? If so ask them if they can supply a wireless modem/router instead or ask if not ask if you can use your own in place of the Speedtouch

• Level   1

We bought the netgear to upgrade from our old linksys, from my understanding the speed touch isnt a router, its just a modem so i cant use that for wireless connectivity.   Yes our isp has supplied the speedtouch, i probably wont be spending any money on a new modem and i already know they wouldnt get us a diffrent one.   Do i even need a modem? or can i just have a router?

• Level   7

Your speedtouch is actually a router with a modem built in, which is why it is causing a problem. You can't just have a router no

A better modem/router would solve your issue to replace the speedtouch and netgear

• Level   1

well the speedtouch never shows up when i search for wireless connections.

• Level   7

Yep its not a wireless router that is why. You could get a wireless modem/router to do what both of your devices are doing now