This question has suggested answer(s)

wireless hotspot

• Level   1

Good Day,

I connect to a wireless Internet that is provided by a local ISP. I can connect to it through my tablet, computer and WP since they all have a browser in it.

But I can't connect my xbox since it doesn't have a inbuilt browser. Is there a way so my xbox connects to the net.

To use the wireless Internet I have to go to the browser, it takes me to its login page, I log in and then I can surf the Internet.

Cheers

All Replies
    • Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

in the xbox network setting there is a manaul setup for username and password (ppoe) if needed to connect to your internet ill put link below for that 2 you must have xbox slim or and wireless receiver

support.microsoft.com/.../967572

You can also Bridge your xbox and your computer but that is not easy to due inless you know what your doin there are a few guildes you can google just incase the above does work

• Level   1

Yea I have a username and password, but I tried that it would only connect to the network, but not to the internet or xbox live. I have a 250gb slim

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Hello,

For an issue like this, you would need to use your laptop to internet connection share so you can get XBOX Live up and running on your console.

Please visit site here (Windows PC/Laptops) and here (Mac) it contains information and instructions on what to do to get started.

Not quite sure what kind of internet service you have, but if it's DSL it might require you to use PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet)

If you enter a user name and password (known as PPPoE settings) to connect to the Internet on your computer, you must enter this information on your Xbox 360 console. Here's how:

1. On your console, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select WiredNetwork or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
    4. Select Configure Network.
    5. On the Additional Settings tab, select PPPoE Settings.

Select PPPoE settings

6. Select User Name.
    7. Enter your user name, and then select Done.
    8. Now enter your password and service name.

Note If you don't know your user name, password, or service name, please contact your Internet service provider (ISP).

9. Press the button on your controller, and then test your connection.