This question is not answered

Xbox 360s not seeing home network

• Level   1

Could someone please help me understand (and hopefully correct) why the Xbox 360s console wouldn't 'see' a home network?  Everything seems to be configured normally and the wireless feature appears to be working as other neighborhood home networks appear on the list.  However, our Xbox console is within 20 feet of our modem/router set up but won't pick up the wireless signal at all.  Every other computer, iPhone, or TV in the house picks up the signal and connect with no problem.  What am I doing wrong or not doing at all?  Here are the specifics that I can provide;

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Portland, OR
Modem brand & model number: Apple Extreme Base & Apple Airport Express (for iTunes)
Router brand & model number: Motorola
Network Connection Type: Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2
Things you have tried: Reset modem, reset routers, gone thru entire troubleshoot list provided on here including a manuel IP setup.
Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter: Cannot connect to network
What type of internet do you have? Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comcast
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? Not sure this is exact but it's close enough...Cannot connect to network.

Thanks in advance.

All Replies
    • Level   X

Hey mate, we will need the exact error code you're receiving. Also, is 'more info' available? If so, what does it say?

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

So the initial issue doesn't come with an error message...the console simply won't locate or recognize my home network.  In fact, with a number of other devices connected to my home network with no issue, the console tells me there are "No wireless networks found."  No matter how many times I tell it to 'scan again' the console still doesn't see the network.

The next logical step was to go to advanced options and specify unlisted network.  Went through that whole set up process but it still won't see and therefore cannot connect to the network.  When I test Xbox Live Connection, the error message I receive states Test Status Network: Failed.  If I click on "more info" the only additional information stated reads "Can't connect to your wireless network"

From this point I've gone through the entire troubleshooting guide provided and everything comes back to the same point described above.

Thoughts?  Ideas?  There are no issues with the network as I'm submitting this response on a computer using the wireless network I'm trying to connect the console to.

Thanks.

• Level   X

So I take it you're using the internal wireless adapter for the Xbox 360 S then? Have you tried temporarily disabling the wireless security on your router, to see if the console 'sees' it then? If not, go ahead and give that a try. If that doesn't make any difference, then I suggest changing the wireless signal on your router, to see if that allows your console to establish a connection.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement