This question has suggested answer(s)

Madden NFL 13 - Network Timeout

• Level   1

So, I've been an avid Madden player for years and all of a sudden I keep getting these Network Timeout messages removing me from online Ranked matches. Its annoying and I've been using the same router for years with no trouble. I don't know how to fix this and I tried contacting EA but I haven't heard anything in return. I'm using a Linksys router, a new Motorola broadband router (comcast/xfinity internet service) and the modem never drops so I'm assuming somethings up with the router or my xbox but I can't figure it out. I've clear the cache, reset network settings, and of course reset the modem and router. Idk what else to do.

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Most likely there's a port blocked... ports can be blocked in your router, modem, or at your ISP. Since the Xbox 360 uses different ports than PCs & Macs use, you can't see the effect of a port blockage except on the Xbox.

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing a port blockage and the sequence of events and their timing are critical to success:

1) turn off the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the Linksys

3) unplug power from the Motorola.

4) Wait at least 30 secs then replug the Motorola power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the Motorola which says ONLINE, READY, or CABLE is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the Linksys.  

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the Linksys is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Turn on the Xbox.  For more background on Ports, see whatismyipaddress.com/port

If the problem persists, please send us the info we need from forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I got through a few games but the problem came right back today. Is there any way I can prevent this or is it just because the game is new?

• Level   S

Hey there, JR1115. Is your router up-to-date with the latest firmware? Can you double check that for us? Thanks!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

Yes my router is up-to-date. EA finally contacted me and walked me through a few steps (clearing system cache, deleting Madden 13 files, and clearing ports) but last night the problem returned. This is becoming very frustating. What's next???

• Level   5

Please send us the info we need from http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

I Live in the US (Maryland)

Using a Motorola SURFboard 6121 Modem (Comcast High Speed Internet)

Linksys N600 Multiple User Router (E2500)

I've tried clearing the Xbox cache and deleting my Madden 13 saved filed. I've also reset the port forwarding on my router and done a couple power cycles (reseting modem / router / xbox)

AND AGAIN ITS NOT MY ONLINE - I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO LAG OR TROUBLE WITH ANY OTHER GAME. When I run a test it says Your Network Status ("Check Mark" Network - Connected / "Check Mark" Internet - Connected / "Check Mark" Xbox Live - Connected // LIVE STATUS Service - Up / Marketplace: Up / Accounts: Up / Matchmaking - Up)

Status

W: 0000-0021

X: 000-F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wireless

A: Modem IP / 255.255.255.0

G: Router IP

D: 75.75.75.75, 75.75.76.76

N: Router Name

S: WPA2

C: 11

• Level   5

Hey there JR1115!
    Is Madden 13 the only affected game or do you experince similar issues with other games you play online as well?

Could you state whether you are using the external wireless network adapter (black or white) or the built in wireless network adapter (Xbox 360 Slim).

Since this specific router has dual bands, (2,4 Ghz, 5 Ghz) is 5 Ghz mode enbaled? Yes or No?

Could you make sure UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is turned on/enabled.

Unit A ₪ 

• Level   1

I'm using the built in WiFi from a slim 250gb Xbox. Again this happens in no other game. Universal plug and play is enabled. Idk how to change the settings for enabling or disabling the dual band although I'm fairly certain its already operating at peak efficiency. I just play a game of madden with no problems as well. Idk why it chooses to do this sporadically

• Level   5

It is know that EA servers are controversial.

JR1115
    I've tried clearing the Xbox cache and deleting my Madden 13 saved filed. I've also reset the port forwarding on my router
    While you had port forwarding turned on did you have UPnP turned off at the same time?

I don't think this has anything to do with your network eqipment since this is only affecting one single game. Nevertheless, if it's possible, could you try connect your Xbox with an Ethernet cable?

Unit A ₪ 

• Level   1

Yes I've double checked everything and I just played two games with the Ethernet chord plugged in (wired connection) and they were laggy and I received the same message in the second game "you have been removed from the game due to network timeout"

• Level   S

Hey there, JR1115. Could you run a speed test for us and post the results here? Let us know if this is a possibility!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

Lol sure, would you guys like me to do your taxes while you're at it??? (Sorry but sarcasm is my method of coping)

PING - 15ms

Download Speed:  25.21 / 26.88mbps

Upload Speed: 3.86 / 4.05 mbps

IPV4

• Level   1

I think Xbox gave up on me too

• Level   5

Could you check if any of your game contents or your profile might have become corrupted/damaged.
    Corrupted contents is shown as an yellow exclamation mark.

Keep us posted.

Unit A ₪ 

• Level   1

I think I fixed the problem! Go into your UPnP section of your router(advanced) make sure that's on! Check the advertisement period! Change it same with advertisement time to live   I really have seen this work!