This question is answered

Stolen XBox - able to track?

• Level   2

Ny xbox was recently stole, however my XBL account was setup so that it would connect automatically as long as there is an internet connection. Since it has been stolen, it has been played online from a different console, I was wondering if there is any way to track the location based on the internet address/setting used by te person who stole it.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hello,

You will want to contact your local law enforcement offices, they should be able to get into touch with Microsoft and if possible they should be able to provide your law enforcement office with the information they need to track the Xbox 360.

They cannot release this information into your hands, it would need to be soley done by a member of your law enforcement office.

You can give them the information for phone support here.

-

You will also want to take a look at the Microsoft Xbox Security page here to learn about how to keep your account safe and change your information. 

All Replies
    • Level   2

you saw that it was used? have you gone to the police with this information? i would think they could get their cybercrimes division or whatever its called to trace it back, in any case, take this to the police if you  havent already. if you are wanting to track this yourself, let me give you some advice- dont, you dont know who this degenerate is, or if they are likely to shoot you or beat the tar outa you for wanting to keep what is yours.

• Level   9

What you should do ASAP is to change your Microsoft account password. Here's how!

• Level   9
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hello,

You will want to contact your local law enforcement offices, they should be able to get into touch with Microsoft and if possible they should be able to provide your law enforcement office with the information they need to track the Xbox 360.

They cannot release this information into your hands, it would need to be soley done by a member of your law enforcement office.

You can give them the information for phone support here.

-

You will also want to take a look at the Microsoft Xbox Security page here to learn about how to keep your account safe and change your information. 

• Level   2

I have changed the password, and of couse I would not take this into my own hands. I am just curious whether it is indeed to check the last locations of login, so that I can take the address to the police, and hopefully get something sorted.

• Level   2

you dont need to take the adress to the police, just tell them it was stolen and let them do the rest, they will ask for information and get to work on it, just answer the questions they ask and its likely they will find your console

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Where did u go to check on it

• Level   9

Greetings whutitdewjuice!

Since this thread is old dated, can you please create a new thread, detailing out your situation for us. This will help us to provide you with the very best support possible. Thank you!