This question has suggested answer(s)

error code W: 0000-000B X: 0000-F001 Y: 20A8-4840 Z: 0000-0000 ID: FFFF-FFFF

• Level   1

i can't connect to xbox live on wired or wireless the system says that everything is connected but when i go to log in and connect to live i can't

All Replies
    • Level   2

That same error message that says you can't sign into xbox live should also recommend that you recover your gamertag, have you done that yet?

• Level   1

i can't it won't let it recover

• Level   1

i can't download my profile

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

What does it say when you try and recover? Is it about your credentials or is it a can't retrieve information from xbox live message? If you're getting a message about credentials then you're going to need to try and change your password for your windows live ID and try again. If it says something about not being able to retrieve information then you'll want to contact phone support for assistance with the account.

• Level   1

it says can't connect to xbox live when it goes to download the profile also i tried to recover on my brothers xbox and had the same issue

• Level   X

In that case it sounds like a network issue. Have you tried power-cycling your router and modem?

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

yes

• Level   S

By can't recover or download your profile, you mean that you can't get that far or there is some kind of error message/code when you try?

• Level   1

I'm having same exact problem.  Tried everything every suggestion.  Everytime I 'test connection' it tell me it's a firewall or ISP problem.  I have two xboxes in the house and the other connects just fine......help!

• Level   1

Jbrew09 what is your exact error message? Metal Euphoria, is your brothers Xbox at the same house as yours?

<3Horrible Amber

• Level   1

yes

• Level   1

i even tried to make a new profile and connect it to xbox live and i cant do that ether any other ideas anyone

• Level   2

Well Mister Gwyther did ask for a needed piece of information. Are you getting a status code or error message when you try and recover the profile and if so what is it? Is it failing the connection test? Have you checked the memory unit to make sure there aren't any files marked as corrupt in the gamer profiles directory or the games directory?

• Level   1

the error code is W: 0000-000B X: 0000-F001 Y: 20A8-4840 Z: 0000-0000 ID: FFFF-FFFF

their are no corrupt files on the system

• Level   X

I should have requested this sooner, but please go ahead and answer all of the bold questions listed here in full detail. They will better help us offer a solution.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement