This question is answered

SO, how do I access my account that I've already accesses? Tough to explain...

• Level   1

My son was using my Xbox 360 primarily.  I got a Netflix account.  Then, last week I got a Gold Membership.  I cannot get my Gold Membership to work.  I have input my email address, user name, and password in about 100 times. Each time, I get a pop up stating that I'm using an account that is already in use (YEAH, IT'S MINE)..  This is all happening while I'm in MY Xbox.com account.

I created a brand new profile, typed exactly how my xbox.com account shows it.  I then deleted my old profile, as well as my son's to see if that would solve anything, but, not so far.

I'm so confused I dont even know if this is making sense.

Bottom line. I can't get into Netflix becasue I cant switch/download a profile.  All my profile information is correct on the machine and my xbox.com account.

How I can I use MY Account?  anybody have any clue's? I'll type up step by step tomorrow, with the pop-ups. I'm mentally fired right now.

Thanks in advance for any help!  

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Think I cracked it!  I searched for 80151011.  Cleared Cache & my profile and rebooted. Hit DOWNLOAD PROFILE and it brought mine up FINALLY.

Opened NETFLIX, and...it worked!

Son ALA, YOU THE MAN!

All Replies
    • Level   5

A few questions.

1.Did you wish to keep your original account and turn that into gold or did you want to create a brand new account and turn that into gold?

2.This gold membership you bought, is this a redemption code card that you bought at gamestop or at any retail store?

I'm gonna toss out a bit of info so that could help you out with your issue and probably help you out with any future issue too...and some things you might already know.

First things first. Your account on the XBOX and XBOX.com are one in the same.
    Lets pretend your gamertag is XBOXFAN and when you created this account, you used the email XBOXFAN@gmail.com with a password of 123456

That will now be your Microsoft account and it will be universal between all MS products. (this used to be known as your MS passport I.D)

Let's say you wanted to create a 2nd/brand new gamertag. While creating this new account, you would not be able to use the email address XBOXFAN@gmail.com because that email is already tied to a different account. Each new gamertag you create will also require a unique email address.

Now lets go into your current gamertags on the console. Right now, are there any gamertags available right now? You said you deleted yours and your son's.
    The first thing you will want to do is recover your original gamertag.

follow this link for a step by step guide on how to recover your existing gamertag to your console.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/profile-move-delete

when following those steps, you will enter the gamertag you created, the email address you tied to it and the password you used when you created the account. (not your password that you used when accessing your email...unless they are one in the same, if so, you should change them both eventually)

Also, for whatever reasons, never post your email address or password you have tied to your gamertag and never give it out to anyone.

So you recovered your first tag. If you also had a 2nd tag that worked, you can also recover that one too.

Now to redeem your code. The important thing is to log into the account you wish to upgrade to gold while on the xbox console.
    When you are at the dashboard, while signed into XBL, press the guide (silver button on the controller)
    Press left once and at the bottom of that page you will see an option to redeem code.
    Select that and a giant key pad should appear. This is where you will enter the code that you bought from the store.

Once you have entered the code, you will receive a message that says something along the lines of. "This code is for 3, 6 or 12 months of xbox live" (depending on which card you bought)
    Select ok to redeem and it will say "congratulations on redeeming your code"

You might have to sign out and sign back into XBL in order for the gold to take its course.

If a post is helpful, Please verify and rate it.

Feed ME!

• Level   1

Thanks for the awesome response. I'll try to figure this out.

1.  I intended on keeping my original account.  Each time I tried to log in or use it, the Xbox said it was already in user, under my personal email account. I honestly cannot explain it, because I don't know what it's "seeing".  Make sense? In other words, it's telling me I have an account under my email address.  But when I use my username, it tells me it's under another name. I dont have another username.  It's always been SLEPE67.  Profile HAS changed, but I have never used my stuff online.  My son has, but under HIS email and username, with store bought memberships.

2.  The Gold Membership I purchased was purchased in here.

My brain is mush. I'll re-read your reply a few times and try your instructions and let you know how they helped. Thanks once again!

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

yeah, just keep posting here and i'll keep checking back.

So slepe67 is your gamertag and your son has his own gamertag too correct?

When you log onto this web site, does it automatically load up with your user account signed in or does it ask you to enter you email and password each time?

If you are entering your email and password each time and then being logged in as Slepe67, everything should be fine when you follow the steps to recovering your profile in that link.

Another question. Did you happen to have a account on your xbox that was never connected to xbox live with the name Slepe67?

that could have been a problem there.

Lets say you had your xbox, created a profile and used it without ever having it connected to the internet.
    Then while on the computer, you create an online profile on this site, with the same exact name.
    If you went back to the console and tried to recover that account you just created on the PC, nothing would happen since there is still an offline account with that same gamertag.

Heck, the same thing would happen If you created a gamertag while not connected to the internet and then tried to make an XBL account while using that same exact name.

The console would not let you create 2 different profiles with the same exact gamertag...and I remember 9 years ago when my cousin and I got our XBOX 360 something like this happened.

We went to my cousin's and we played for a bit.He created an account offline and a few weeks later when he got his broadband set up in his new place, there was no way to convert his profile that was created offline. He had to delete the offline gamertag, kept his save file, created the online associated gamertag under the same exact name. He was able to use his save files but none of the achievements were going to carry over.

Feed ME!

• Level   1

When you log onto this web site, does it automatically load up with your user account signed in or does it ask you to enter you email and password each time?

IT AUTOMATICALLY LOADS THE SLEPE67 PROFILE

Another question. Did you happen to have a account on your xbox that was never connected to xbox live with the name Slepe67?  

NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE..IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME.  I TRIED IT ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO, COULDN'T GET IT TO WORK.  MY WIRELESS WASN'T UP TO SNUFF BACK THEN.

PROFILES:

I had an OFFLINE profile I used "Dirt"  Never went online with it. Again, dont recall if I tried to. I deleted my "Dirt" (offline) profile and my son's profile.  He's got his own machine now.  The only profile on there is SLEPE67.

AS IT STANDS: when I fire up the XBOX & go to NETFLIX, it immediately taks me to "Upgrade to Xbox LIVE Gold".  Bottom right, there are 2 boxes.  One says UPGRADE TO GOLD (which I cannot click on), the other says SWITCH PROFILES.  When I click that, the SIGN IN Box opens. My options are CREATE PROFILE & DOWNLOAD PROFILE.

CREATE PROFILE is what is is. I dont want to do that, right?   When I click DOWNLOAD PROFILE, it takes me to the screen where I input my Microsoft Account with email address & password. (NOTE: my controller keypad quit working, typing with the conrtoller sucks after about 5 attempts) I loads for about 5 seconds and I get " HI SLEPE 67! Downloading your profile." It thinks again and then I get a pop up that shows "Sorry, Xbox LIVE profiles can't be downloaded  tight now. Try again later.   80151011."  I cannot find that code.

Each and every time try to download my profile, I get the exact same message.

Should i just wipe my machine clean and start over? IF so, got a link on how to do that?

THANKS AGAIN for all your help!   I'm 40 & pulling my hair out!  My son could figure this out in a heartbeat, but I'm stubborn & dont want to ask for help.  :)

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Think I cracked it!  I searched for 80151011.  Cleared Cache & my profile and rebooted. Hit DOWNLOAD PROFILE and it brought mine up FINALLY.

Opened NETFLIX, and...it worked!

Son ALA, YOU THE MAN!

• Level   5

Ha ha, thanks. sorry i missed your last post since I normally check the forums earl on in the day.

I'm glad everything worked out.

Feed ME!