This question is answered

My XBOX360 says my email or password is invalid.

• Level   1

I recently got a new XBOX360 slim model to replace my core system that I got at launch.  I was able to sign in for the past few days but today when I turned on my 360 it asked me to set up a more secure password in where I had to go the account.live.com website to set up the Two-Step Verification.  However, since setting that up my XBOX now says that my email or password is invalid.  I have changed my password, deleted my cache and also my Profile in attempt to re-download it just as the support pages on here have said.  Nothing has worked.  I can sign in on both account.live.com and xbox.com with the same email and password with no problem, but my XBOX still says they are invalid.  Oh yea, and since I was a Silver member (which no doesn't exist, I decided to buy a 3-month Gold subscription in the hopes that would be the problem. NOPE. Now I can't sign in or use my Gold subscription to watch Netflix or anything.  What can/do I do?  This is crazy frustrating. 

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

When Two-Step Verification is enabled u have to verify your account every time you log in using a code sent to your phone or email.

The xbox is unable to prompt you for this code at this time.

To connect using Two-Step Verification you need to generate an application password on account.live.com and use that to sign on to the xbox. your normal password will just give you an incorrect password error message and possibly a status code 8015d002

disabling Two-Step Verification works as well.

All Replies
    • Level   1

You could try deleting the system update by going to where you delete system cache but instead of clicking Y, click, in order, LB,RB,X,LB,RB,X.

• Level   S

Hey there! Check out This Sticky. This should definitely help you out. Particularly #2 which is about the Two Step Verification.

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!

• Level   1

Deleting the system update didn't work but I called Microsoft and we figured out that turning the Two-Step Verification OFF allowed me to re-download my profile back onto my console.  For whatever reason, while it was ON it could not recognize both my email and/or password. Who would have thought that turning this new Two Step Security measure OFF would ultimately fix my problem.  Oh well, thanks for the help fellas and GAME ON!

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

When Two-Step Verification is enabled u have to verify your account every time you log in using a code sent to your phone or email.

The xbox is unable to prompt you for this code at this time.

To connect using Two-Step Verification you need to generate an application password on account.live.com and use that to sign on to the xbox. your normal password will just give you an incorrect password error message and possibly a status code 8015d002

disabling Two-Step Verification works as well.

• Level   2

You can try disabling the two step verification on account.live.com and your password will work. If you have the two step verification set up, you need to use the generated code it gave you to sign in on the console

• Level   1

How do you disable the two step process?

Just because you can, does not mean that you should.