This question has suggested answer(s)

Can Connect to Network, but not Internet

• Level   2

So I'm in my college dorm and I can connect to the internet via hard wire. (Ethernet) When I test my connection I can get into the network, but I can't connect to the internet. Help!

All Replies
    • Level   8

Have words with whoever maintains the network in your dorm.

Ryder Cup: 10-6 up and you blew it? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait you serious? Let me laugh even harder BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

Yea contact your ISP or whoever provides the internet for you. This issue has nothing to do on xbox part but could possible be port issue. Just make sure that you contact them and you should be connected to xbox live in no time!

-TG TRYHARD

Got a question? Just send a PM and I will try to help you the best I can.

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

More than likely you need to register the MAC Address of your console with the IT department.

• Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

Hi, see if this helps:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../103-how-to-connect-to-xbox-live-at-uni-or-college

• Level   1

Like ChimpZealot said - you need the MAC address of your Xbox360 registered with IT. If they are unwilling to register the extra MAC for you (assuming you've already registered your PC) then simply go into your Xbox360's network settings and set the MAC address field to use your PC's MAC address. The only downside to doing this is that you can only use 1 device at a time (xbox or pc) but this was what I did to get on xbox live when I went to college. Good luck!

p.s. if you dont know how to get your PC's MAC   address do the following.  Start > run "cmd" by typing cmd into the search box and hit enter > type "ipconfig /all" into the console  that pops up

Your PC's network adapter MAC will be listed along with IP address and other network essential information

Unfortunately, nobody can be told what Halo is.... you must see it for yourself.