This question is not answered

UPDATE ERROR: Status code (3151 - 335A - 1380 - 2303 - C810 - 1012)

• Level   2

I've downloaded the update and everytime I try to "apply" that it says "Error etc.

If the problem persists contact http://xbox.com/support

Status Code:  3151 335A 1380 2303 C810 1012"

Solutions?

All Replies
    • Level   1

i have the same error :(

• Level   2

Me too.

Yours is not modded right?

• Level   1

same thing here...

• Level   1

when it gets close to finishing the update the center circle on the xbox starts flashing green

• Level   2

Mine does that too. Are yours modded?

If mine got modded somehow, I really, really do not want to dish out $$$ for another 360.

• Level   1

nope mines not modded :/ and imma be pissed if i have to buy a new one but thats what its looking like.

• Level   3

ok your xbox is not modded but has it ever been repaired by a 3rd party (any one other then microsoft) i'll take it it has i have the same code and have been w/o live on that xbox since 5/19. I have researched it to death since then the reason that you got that code is because the xbox has been modded even if you didnt mean it to be. The person that fixed your xbox didnt have the same dvd drive they took to put back in so they used a diffrent 1. Say your xbox came with a BenQ dvd drive inside it the person went to fix it  but all they had was a Lite On dvd drive its still a xbox drive it came out of a diffrent xbox but its not made to go into yours . So to get past this what they did was put a "spoof" on it (this is a flash to the firmware of the dvd drive to trick the xbox into thinking that its the original drive). This will allow the dvd drive to work just fine it will play games with no problem and up till now xbox live never realy checked for this but this new update dose. When it goes to update it must first flash your drive. Ok it's like live is talking to the xbox and says "hey what drive do have" and the xbox would reply "a BenQ"(but remeber it dosent have a ben q anymore its a lite on) so live says ok well ill send out the update made for a benq but wait thats not a ben q it's a Lite On so it calls shanagins and gives you that code telling you that the xbox has been changed/tampered with/ Altered IE Modded im very sorry but the update will never take while your xbox is in this state maybe if you could put the original drive or 1 of the same type in it it might work but i am not sure of it sorry

• Level   3

For further information and resolution for this issue, please call phone support at 800-4MY-XBOX.

• Level   1

i have the exact same prob plzzz help me out here D:...

• Level   1

I have the same problem I don't know if mine is modded or not ? how can I know I just purchased it and I used to updated all the time this is the first time something like this happen how can I solve this problem I can not call the number you mentioned because I live in Saudi Arabia so what should I do I'm really angry about it

• Level   1

Hey mate, unfortunately I don't know that you're in a supported region. OXM disc #124 has a copy of the update on it, I believe. You can try updating with that, to see if that resolves the issue. However, if the console was purchased used and you do not know it's history, it's definitely a possibility that it's been modded. In the future, I strongly suggest you purchase consoles new, to avoid this sort of issue.

• Level   1

ok so this [mod removed] happening to me too yes drive has been change because the one that came with the console died what was i suppose to do not change it. this will make me leave 360 for good has iv had my 360 like for ever

• Level   1

1st of all I purchased a new one so I don't know if they took something out of it or replace something because such things happen here ( I hope that you understand it is not USA or Japan in here). 2nd what should I do now do? is there any way to solve this problem ? Let me tell you something I purchased this console since 9 months I think and I made a lot of updates to it and nothing happen but if from the 1st time i updated it and I got this message I could have returned it to the dealer but now I lost my Xbox and my money all thanks to XBOX Thank you so much.

• Level   1

You would need to contact a phone team for more information on a next step. If you'd like, I'd happy provide the number of a nearby region if you'd like.

• Level   1

Yes please. Thank you so much