This question has suggested answer(s)

XBOX Live Keeps Signing Me Out!!! Frustration!

• Level   2

Ok so about the past few weeks my Xbox keeps signing me out. I have checked all my router settings and asked my wife if she down graded our internet connection. The answer to that is: My router is fine, and NO she did not downgrade. When I log into XBOX live I attempt to join my buddies for a co-op game of Dead Island or the Battlefield 3 BETA and it will either boot me from the game immediately or sign me out and kick me from the party before the game loads. Other times I will be at the dashboard in a party and it will sign me out of just kick me from the party. Sometimes it also causes my XBOX to lock up. Some of my friends are having the same issues right now and it is frustrating us all. Considering we are paying for the internet and $60 a year to subscribe to use this service and we CANT even use it right now. This happens on a regular basis, and last night it happened continuously for 4 hours which was frustrating. 

I have ATT as my service provider, and I have a new XBOX "slim" model using the internal wireless adapter. 

All Replies
    • Level   X

In order to discern whether this is a wireless issue or a network issue, are you able to test the connection with a ethernet cable run directly from the console to your modem?

• Level   2

unfortunately I am not able to do that, my Xbox is upstairs and my modem is downstairs. I can tell you this: on my XBOX it is reading a good connection to my router via the Network selection screen. When i test my XBOX Live connection  It connects to the Internet really really fast but takes a while to link the internet to XBOX Live. I have reset the router multiple times with no result. When my year subscription to Xbox Live ran out and for a little bit i was on silver, my xbox never signed me out. I recently upgraded it to Gold and all of a sudden having issues. Not sure what is going on but the wireless side of things seems to be fine. I am having AT@T come out monday to look at it. Everything I am seeing on the wireless side seems fine. All my electronics are shut off when I play my Xbox anyways. I am in the same room as my Xbox currently on my laptop and my connection is full bars, I am not loosing any connection. My phone is running off of my wireless as we speak and same thing. It's reading perfect connection. When I go to my Xbox and shut off my wi-fi on my phone and shut down my computer, my Xbox still keeps signing me out. Any thoughts?

• Level   X

It's worth having your ISP look at it. Let us know what they say. :)

• Level   1

Mine is doing it too, my wireless is fine too and i have a really good router. It's really frustrating. Lemme know any results.

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

FINK182 - can you review the START HERE sticky and post a new thread, so we can help? forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

• Level   1

@TG Wake if you haven't already done so then give your XBOX a static IP address and make sure that you reserve it through your router's DHCP client so that it isn't assigned to anything else that connects to your network. If you don't reserve it then you may run into ICMP issues which do exactly what you described in your original post. Hope this helps!

~Scribe

• Level   1

Had same issue.... Just redownloaded my profile and it seems to have worked! Woohoo!

• Level   1

Yes re downloading your profile fixes this issue.  7/24/13